ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: copy my wallpaper's full title

<< < (3/14) > >>

wraith808:
Curt,

I think I found the answer to your problem at https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/find-current-wallpaper-file-path-windows-10/.  Note the link there to https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/h2-13/Win8_WP_Curr_Image_Name.zip

KodeZwerg,

hey, i am just using what microsoft offers, if it dont fit i am sorry.
-KodeZwerg (October 11, 2018, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

As you've seen, it doesn't work in windows 10.  You can check for OS version.  If windows 10, you can check the following:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles or %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper

Appdata should be a special folder you can get from winapi call.

You can also check the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\TranscodedImageCache or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper.

The transcodedimagecache is actually the binary representation of the filename- it apparently might be multiple ones; I guess if there are multiple screens.

Hope that helps one or both of you!

KodeZwerg:
as soon as he write that script is working for him, that would be also my solution just for educational purposes.
how i do then same thing with delphi is another story :-)
i have just a little time atm to figure out how i correctly copy filename from the binary key (that was used in script i tested)
(...atm it show alot of UNICODE garbage but a real path\filename is also stored in there/visible to me...)
or how i reproduce that my registry show me just a foldername.
when i tell windows that it now should use this or that image, whatsever major format (bmp jpg png), it'll accept and my sample .exe's resolved me filename.

i admit, i havent got any knowings about any special used folder since for me (with virgin win10, no prior installed OS), both of my example worked well.
first one was raw registry reading.
second was api from microsoft.
lets see wich third method is needed to succeed :)

Curt:
Sorry, 4wd, I missed to see your post.  :-[
Of course you had the proper solution. Thank you!  :up:

KodeZwerg:
just to proof that i learned from it, last Demo App

ps: i have no idea how my app react on non-Windows8orHigher. this is just a custom raw build suitable to windows from Curt. neither i have any idea what you get in return if multi monitor with different wallpapers are used or how to seperate them correct, script doesnt show.

wraith808:
Sorry, 4wd, I missed to see your post.  :-[
Of course you had the proper solution. Thank you!  :up:

-Curt (October 11, 2018, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... I didn't see he had posted that before either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version