ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: copy my wallpaper's full title

<< < (2/14) > >>

4wd:
Does this help?

How to Find the Current Wallpaper File Name and Path in Windows 8 and 10

There's PoSh and VBa scripts in a zip file, don't know how good they'll be for Bing downloaded images.

If the PoSh script does what you want then I can try and make it more like you originally wanted.

Or @KodeZwerg may be able to use it to work up an executable.

KodeZwerg:
i watched the scripts, they are good.
if you can try this Demo App again, would be great.
on my Windows 10 x64 (1803) it gives me back the filename as result.

for the programmers, i do it like that:

--- ---var
  wpFName: array [0..MAX_PATH] of Char;
begin
  if SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETDESKWALLPAPER, MAX_PATH, @wpFName, 0)
    then Result := String(wpFName)
    else Result := '';
end;

if this works for you, and you wish that to be a hotkey driven system-tray application, tell me.

regards,

KodeZwerg

Ps: if you like me to finalize, final app would have no window at all, just a trayicon with popup menu entry to copy to clipboard.
hotkey is also possible, i than need your combination, no configuration possible.

Curt:
it gives you what back?

...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper-Demo App
--- End quote ---

Are your pictures from the default system pictures THEME, maybe?
 :-\

KodeZwerg:
it gives you what back?
-Curt (October 11, 2018, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
on my Windows 10 x64 (1803) it gives me back the filename as result.
-KodeZwerg (October 11, 2018, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

hey, i am just using what microsoft offers, if it dont fit i am sorry.
feel free to visit microsoft and search for SPI_GETDESKWALLPAPER.
Description says:
Retrieves the full path of the bitmap file for the desktop wallpaper. The pvParam parameter must point to a buffer to receive the null-terminated path string. Set the uiParam parameter to the size, in characters, of the pvParam buffer. The returned string will not exceed MAX_PATH characters. If there is no desktop wallpaper, the returned string is empty.
--- End quote ---
additional i have tested with Win8.1 and Win10 1809 (Build 17763.55) with correct result.

BTW does the scripts work? (that would be interesting for me to figure out how to translate that binary registry into a readable text.)

Curt:
sorry, if I sounded rude / too hasty, I was in the halftime of my fav' clubs' game.

Win 10 no longer uses bitmap, but transcoding. I guess your bitmap test was successful because Win 8 / 8.1 used to be installed; those ones used bmp. Mine has never had any thing younger older than Win 10, so "transcoding" is all that is needed here.

I am sorry this has become a problem. I was hoping it all would be be as easy as the Underscore project some hours ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version