ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Daemon Tools

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
D-T is a great app, I use it for archiving as well. Really rocks when I need to machines on the museum where I work, I don't need to carry a case of CDs around but can just mount images from our server.

I'm still using 3.47, and I don't need the "piracy features" (ie: protection emulation). Any reason for me to upgrade to more recent version?

Also, you don't need D-T for VMware, since VMware can mount ISOs itself :)

delwoode:
D-T is a great app, I use it for archiving as well. Really rocks when I need to machines on the museum where I work, I don't need to carry a case of CDs around but can just mount images from our server.

I'm still using 3.47, and I don't need the "piracy features" (ie: protection emulation). Any reason for me to upgrade to more recent version?

Also, you don't need D-T for VMware, since VMware can mount ISOs itself :)

-f0dder (September 22, 2006, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was advised to stick with ver. 3.47 as the later versions have spyware  and no-one has told me of any great feature I am missing so why change!

f0dder:
Dunno about spyware in later versions - there's been some toolbar stuff which you probably don't want installed, but afaik you can choose not to install it. But really, if you don't need the piracy related features of daemon-tools, go for magicdisc or virtual clonedrive. I did so a couple of years ago, and haven't missed d-t :)

Innuendo:
There isn't any spyware in the later versions. There are *options* in the installer that will offer to change your homepage and offer to install a toolbar to help the company make money off users of the free Lite version, but they are optional.

mwb1100:
There isn't any spyware in the later versions. There are *options* in the installer that will offer to change your homepage and offer to install a toolbar to help the company make money off users of the free Lite version, but they are optional.
-Innuendo (March 09, 2010, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe that the toolbar isn't optional in the free, lite version anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version