topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Any maths genius?  (Read 3396 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Any maths genius?
« on: October 01, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Hello!

I have 1000 files. Each day, 250 files are processed. Out of the processed files, 20% get completed. Out of the processed files, 80% files need reprocessing and they restart from the beginning, but after second processing, they get completed.

How can I model this in excel to show the decline of files to be processed per day? In a function, that I can drag to generate the sequence?

thanks!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any maths genius?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Try asking on a website designed for people to ask questions and get them answered, such as Stack Exchange:

https://meta.stackex...soft-excel-questions

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 08:11 PM »
Move files that are processed correctly out of the folder they were in. Then you can use a simple .vba macro to count the remaining files in the folder with the unprocessed files.

See this link for the vba macro script. Here is another link. Now I know that people love to use Excel as a kind of "dashboard"...but why?

By the way, the provided links were the 1st and 4th search result, provided by duckduckgo. Perhaps DC should spring for a course of google-fu for kalos...

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 01:24 AM »
From a purely informational point of view, what happens when there are less than 250 files to be processed?

Does the process stop?
Does it continue, thereby processing less than the stipulated 250 files per day?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 07:59 AM »
From a purely informational point of view, what happens when there are less than 250 files to be processed?

Does the process stop?
Does it continue, thereby processing less than the stipulated 250 files per day?

The only way to win, is not to play the game  ;D :Thmbsup: :huh:

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 08:43 AM »

Does the process stop?

The only way to win, is not to play the game  ;D :Thmbsup: :huh:

I don't do Excel so I'm safe  ;)

I just thought I'd point out an informational shortfall, something that will be of assistance when asking on Stack Exchange/Super User.