ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Backup Power for USB device -- does it exist?

<< < (3/3)

4wd:
Are you sure that power is disconnected during boot of the RPi?-Ath (September 26, 2018, 01:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

It shuts off power to the USB ports according to my USB V/A meter, for about 2 seconds ... of course that doesn't exclude a USB initialisation from also being sent.

Deozaan:
Choices, choices. . .
-Deozaan (September 25, 2018, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Someone very generously donated the money (thank you!) for the powered hub, so that made the choice easy. I'll report back with the results in a few days.

Deozaan:
I went to order that powered USB hub and then noticed the reviews were not favorable. So, thanks (again) to the generous donation I decided to spend a little more and get this one instead. It has the added benefit of having USB 3.0 ports. :Thmbsup:

Backup Power for USB device -- does it exist?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TPMEOYM/

Deozaan:
It works!  :Thmbsup:

Thanks for the idea, mwb1100! And thanks once again to the person who donated! :Thmbsup:

mwb1100:
Glad it worked - to be honest I wasn't sure if when the computer booted up it would perform some initialization that would reset the USB hub and drop power on the ports for a moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version