ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SC main window shows up after capture

(1/2) > >>

phillie08:
This is the second problem that occurred recently. After taking a screenshot the main windows shows up which I find disturbing. In the preferences I marked "stay minimized" after capture show (interface options). Looks like something does not work properly unless I missed something which would not be exactly for the first time.

mouser:
I think I can guess what's happening.

Here's one case where this can happen: If SC main window is left not minimized, but on screen and behind another window, then when you take a screenshot, SC will hide itself and then redisplay itself after capture -- suddenly becoming noticeable.
It will do this even if you have the setting set to "Stay minimized".

Said another way, the "stay minimized" option will keep SC minimized, but there are times when you've left the SC window open on screen and brought up other windows in front of it, obscuring it.  In such cases, the "stay minimized" option has no effect, and the default behavior of hiding before capture and then restoring after capture kicks in.

It can be disorienting.

Maybe I could change it so in that case SC would hide and restore, but then slink behind other windows as it was before the capture..

KodeZwerg:
I cannot reproduce error, good that mouser can.
Or i might use it wrong/correct, dont know, maby both?

SC is in Notification, left to Time/Date Display, i capture using Hotkeys, equal how hard i try, a Mainpage i never see at all, just a Save-File-Dialog.
If i need Mainpage, i click on Icon and push [X] when not needed anymore, it'll minimize to notifacation area again.
Works flawless for me.

tomos:
Here's one case where this can happen: If SC main window is left not minimized, but on screen and behind another window, then when you take a screenshot, SC will hide itself and then redisplay itself after capture -- suddenly becoming noticeable.
It will do this even if you have the setting set to "Stay minimized".

Said another way, the "stay minimized" option will keep SC minimized, but there are times when you've left the SC window open on screen and brought up other windows in front of it, obscuring it.  In such cases, the "stay minimized" option has no effect, and the default behavior of hiding before capture and then restoring after capture kicks in.

It can be disorienting.

Maybe I could change it so in that case SC would hide and restore, but then slink behind other windows as it was before the capture..
-mouser (September 25, 2018, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've always considered this a bug and would like very much if you could change the behaviour.
I usually have the SC window open if I'm taking a bunch of screenshots; I might work on one a bit then go back for another couple. I always just want the SC window to *not* come to the front.

I don't really understand the hide and restore action of SC window in this case - in fact it's not something I ever really need (I think). Can that be disabled? (I unable to check atm.)

mouser:
I don't really understand the hide and restore action of SC window in this case - in fact it's not something I ever really need (I think). Can that be disabled? (I unable to check atm.)
--- End quote ---

Yes, in fact you should be able to avoid this problem if you go to the Capture Options tab, and uncheck "Hide Screenshot Captor Window".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version