ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Very simple timeclock utility

<< < (6/17) > >>

iphigenie:
I have been using titlelog quite a bit, put it on my machine at work and passed it to a few people as a suggestion to "help see where their time goes"

An oddity I seem to have is that even when I mark myself as "off to lunch" or "on the phone" with the pre-canned activities, the "what have you been doing" box does pop up as well

Might get a look myself to see if it is by design or a fluke

urlwolf:
I think timekeeper (see dc review here) is a good match for this, and a bit more advanced than titleLog (not much!).

Armando:
thanks brett,
I've just discovered this. Will see if it can help me track a bit better what I do... Where do all these hours go? :)I have been using titlelog quite a bit, put it on my machine at work and passed it to a few people as a suggestion to "help see where their time goes"

An oddity I seem to have is that even when I mark myself as "off to lunch" or "on the phone" with the pre-canned activities, the "what have you been doing" box does pop up as well

Might get a look myself to see if it is by design or a fluke
-iphigenie (July 21, 2007, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

hummmmm. It doesn't do that with the ahk script I downloaded. Are you using the script or the exe?

One thing I've noticed : the comments inserted with the "add comment to log..." don't show in the log window. I wonder if that's by design or not.

brett:
Just a quick note.

There are a number of things I want to change/update here. I think I will add it as my GTD of 2007.

Brett

suleika:
I've been trying out titlelog - it's lovely and simple.  Has anyone tried exporting and/or manipulating the log?  I'd really like to stick it in a spreadsheet and do all sorts of things with it, like adding up the times spent on logged items, assigning blocks of times to projects, creating graphs.  I'm not experienced enough with spreadsheets to do this without false starts and a serious learning curve, so I'm wondering if anyone else has already tried something like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version