ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

EU to Stop Summer (or is it Winter) Time

<< < (3/3)

Curt:
(...) It would be better if no-one switched, -wraith808 (September 16, 2018, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

-yes, I agree, if you mean "It would be better if no-one switched from their local time". My words should not have sounded as an defence to Summer Time; I will not support any artificial time like Internet Time, or DST, or Summer Time, or ....

tomos:
Interesting post Shades :up:

Regards artificial time Curt - I know what you mean, but if you think that some east European countries use the same time/timezone as Spain - that's already artificial. So for me whether one chooses to stick with summertime the whole year round, or to use what is closer to 'real' time is unimportant. Just so long as we don't make things more complicated by introducing more variation to the mix.

IainB:
This may shed a little more light on the subject: Daylight Saving Time 2018: A Guide to the When, Why, What and How

Summary: It's all Benjamin Franklin's fault, apparently, for "discovering" the earth-moving subject of DST (Daylight Savings Time).

Personally, I reckon that we should have heeded Buckminster Fuller's dymaxion (polyhedral) world map projection, which offered the suggestion that the geographical national electric grids could be easily interconnected to optimise supply/demand loads as the world turned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version