ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Big Data tools

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
Hello!
Is there a 'free for commercial use' software that opens and processes with regex large text files of 20GB?
Thanks!

Ath:
Is there a 'free for commercial use' software that opens and processes with regex large text files of 20GB?
-kalos (September 14, 2018, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

TL;DR; Yes.

Suggestions:

* Any Linux distro with a non-commercial license (most will fit)
* Linux-tools for Windows (if it's supposed to run on Windows, you didn't say it should)In any of these environments use tools like grep, sed, awk, perl, python etc. for text processing.

* 'Plain' Windows (7 and newer)[/i]Use powershell, like shown & explained in your other thread.

Shades:
RJ TextEd

Is freeware, multi-lingual and the website says it is allowed to be used in commercial environments too. Donations are accepted. This text editor has support for regex and I tested (previous versions of) the software with 2GByte log files and search/replace actions in those files were fast on a 7 year old PC (16GB RAM, i5 CPU (3th generation, 3.5GHz)).

Caveats:
- Regex I haven't played with, so how well/functional the support is I can't tell.
- Haven't tested with log files bigger than 2GByte, so if 20GByte log files can be processed, I can't tell.

Ath:
Haven't tested with log files bigger than 2GByte, so if 20GByte log files can be processed, I can't tell.
-Shades (September 14, 2018, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I did and it wasn't nice,
Created a large file using this method
Installed RJ TextEd and tried to open it, with this result:

kalos:
-kalos (September 14, 2018, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

TL;DR; Yes.

Suggestions:

* Any Linux distro with a non-commercial license (most will fit)
* Linux-tools for Windows (if it's supposed to run on Windows, you didn't say it should)In any of these environments use tools like grep, sed, awk, perl, python etc. for text processing.

* 'Plain' Windows (7 and newer)[/i]Use powershell, like shown & explained in your other thread.

-Ath (September 14, 2018, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks but I want to also be able to view the content, like EmEditor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version