ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: decrease color depth of a picture to nearest text mode colors?

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
I thought converting to indexed colour might work but no joy:
Converted one of the samples to indexed colour with 8 colours in photoshop.
Didnt improve the image much, was still left with three tones in the grey area (b/w/grey).
If I replaced the white with grey (selecting it using 'magic wand' tool), the grey are looked better but the text then went very heavy and more difficult to read...

converted to 8 colours / indexed colour:

ConstanceJill:
I might be able to work with something like that (except that I don't have Photoshop). If there's a way to replace the colour of "isolated" pixels (that is, those that don't have any of the same colour right next to them) with that of the ones surrounding it, it would certainly greatly improve the overall quality — even if the text isn't perfectly readable, it would probably look much less ugly with less pixel noise.

Anyway, there is no rush, as I realised that the procedure didn't require nearly as many screenshots considering the target audience, and could avoid using most of the worst ones.

KodeZwerg:
I found something that could help you to correct angle and, if i read correct, let you specify output format.
Untested with your samples.
Heres the link.

Good luck!

ConstanceJill:
Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

tomos:
I might be able to work with something like that (except that I don't have Photoshop). If there's a way to replace the colour of "isolated" pixels (that is, those that don't have any of the same colour right next to them) with that of the ones surrounding it, it would certainly greatly improve the overall quality — even if the text isn't perfectly readable, it would probably look much less ugly with less pixel noise.
-ConstanceJill (August 28, 2018, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
What I did in photoshop was close to that (see description in my previous post). The result was more or less unreadable. (I didn't post screenshot of that.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version