topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Suggested documentation update regarding C++  (Read 4637 times)

hbintx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Suggested documentation update regarding C++
« on: September 02, 2018, 11:36 AM »
The link https://github.com/W...k#downloads-binaries says T-clock needs Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable 32 bit and 64 bit, and that label links to a MS security update.

But the thread concerning T-clock being broken by the Windows 10 fall update says Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable 32 bit and 64 bit.

My suggestion is to clarify overall comments by pointing the user downloads for both to SP1 32 and 64 AND the security update - an improvement over current comments that C++ 2010 redistrib is needed.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Suggested documentation update regarding C++
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 01:18 PM »
There's no real need to clarify...
Your linked downloads don't mention any MSVC++ Runtime at all, since the default T-Clock distribution is now using GCC.

If by "the thread concerning T-clock" you've meant this post: https://www.donation....msg413671#msg413671
Then yes, they liked the SP1 version... Though, my Github page also links to the latest MSVC++ 2010 Runtime which happens to be SP1 (in case someone wants the MSVC version rather than the GCC version)

Whether or not the user is using SP1 or not, shouldn't impact T-Clock directly. The latest version is always recommended, but older versions would work just as fine (usually)
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page