ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Looking for lightweight, simple, portable/integrated database for Go

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
@Deozaan: As with any project, you have to choose the right tools for the job. If the combo Go/SQLite isn't working as expected/desired, it most likely isn't meant to be. You might need other tools...
-Ath (August 31, 2018, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

As I said, my intent as of this moment is to try out Go with Bolt DB. But I haven't had a chance to get to the DB stuff yet because I'm still trying to figure out how to parse JSON from an HTTP GET request into an easy to use data structure. :D

I need a Go cheat sheet or something because I'm such a noob.

wraith808:
A NoSql Variant could be MongoDB. It can be used by many programming Languages.
-KodeZwerg (August 31, 2018, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, but it doesn't quite match the OP's requirements of being lightweight, simple and portable, AFAICS.
-Ath (August 31, 2018, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
In one of my applications i've included a few lines php, more not needed to interact with mDB, MongoDB works over Cloud, how much more portabilty exists? Anyway, OP goes SQLite, so thread is done i guess  :D

Best wishes! (i did not wanted to tell that sql is bad, no misunderstanding please, i just wanted to give another option a slight chance of being known.)
-KodeZwerg (August 31, 2018, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Portable usually means that the software can be used anywhere, without needing anything external to the reference.  If you're in a location with no internet, or with internet but the address you're accessing your db behind blocked, you're sort of out of luck with a cloud-based solution.

Deozaan:
I've made some progress. Since it seems I'll be sticking with Go for this project, I've modified the topic subject to reflect that.

Also of note for anyone else who may be interested:

I've found GJSON to be just what I needed to easily parse JSON files. :Thmbsup:

And here are a couple of good tutorials explaining how to get started with BoltDB:

Intro to BoltDB: Painless Performant Persistence
Bolt -- an embedded key/value database for Go

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version