ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

InstantBoss - For those of us which require motivation to work

<< < (8/13) > >>

Toptiger5:
I just love this app. I have made it a permanent part of my computer, as I practise simplified GTD but that is pretty hard for procrastinators like me. The "time to work" makes me feel bored but by the last 3 minutes of working I truly enjoy it. Enjoying work for 3 minutes is waay better than not working at all! Thanks.  :up:

Josh:
App, I would like to inquire something to you. Would you be willing to add a few things to this for me? As you know, I am deployed with the US Army and my current job has me working on projects which make me forget about time altogether. I often skip meals, forget to take breaks to go exercise for a minute or two to get the blood flowing, and just remain focused to an insane degree.

There are two things, right now, which I can think of for this application which would make it the PENTULTIMATE solution for me, even better than having a pan-galactic gargle blaster three times a day.

A. I would like to see some sort of option to playback a sound file (mp3, wave, ogg, etc) when its time to break or when the break is over. This would help me keep alerted more so with the program.

B. I would like to see an option to have a floating countdown window (Which removes all unneeded window real estate) with just the timer and the status bar containing its usual info. This, combined with an "Always on top" feature would allow me to stick this in the upper right corner of my window and leave it there so I can track my progress.

What do you think? Would this be possible? This is like the perfect application for my needs and those options would be something I would sit through volgon poetry for!

Thoughts? Also, thanks for this great application!

app103:
It does play a sound file when it's time to break (sound of coffee being poured) and when to return to work (a chipmunk-like "oh man"). There is also a 3rd wav of cheering that plays when all work/break cycles are complete.

work.wav
break.wav
done.wav

These wav files can be replaced with any wavs of your choice. Just name them the same as the ones in the folder.

You have the countdown on the taskbar button, as well as in a tooltip on the tray icon, already. This takes up no screen real estate at all. Are you sure you really need an additional window?

I could add one, similar to the DClock window, if you still feel it's necessary.

Josh:
Does it only play wav? I really dont want to put a nice long 5 minute 80MB wav file inside my portable folder :-/

But yes, if you could add the dclock style window with just a counter and a status bar, that would be great. If you saw how I am working over here, you would understand :)

app103:
I don't suggest you use long wav files. It really wasn't meant as a media player. It could have bad results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version