ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do Not Buy a Smartwatch Right Now

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
I now have a AmazFit BIP - GPS, barometer, compass, accelerometer, notifications, heart rate, steps, transflective display, etc ... and a 30+ day battery life.

For ~US$60 I paid, I don't think there's anything comparable with the same features especially the battery life.
-4wd (August 14, 2018, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's back on Massdrop, so I'm thinking about it again... just posting here in case anyone is interested.

c.gingerich:
"IP68 rating - resistant to dust, rain and splashing"

I'll stick with my Apple watch. Need more water proofing than IP68.

wraith808:
"IP68 rating - resistant to dust, rain and splashing"

I'll stick with my Apple watch. Need more water proofing than IP68.
-c.gingerich (September 12, 2018, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apple watch was IPX7 for the longest.

Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof.*

--- End quote ---

From https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000

The latest versions are finally waterproof, but just figured the clarification was needed.

I'm sure it will get there.  The Stratos (which is still less expensive, and what I'd think would be compared to an Apple watch) in contrast is waterproof.  It's just a matter of getting what you need, I think.

4wd:
"IP68 rating - resistant to dust, rain and splashing"-c.gingerich (September 12, 2018, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Saying it's "resistant to dust, rain, and splashing" is understating the IP68 rating a little.

IP68 = Dust proof (no ingress), immersion to a depth > 1m, (generally tested at 3m).

The only IP rating higher is IP69K which involves using high temperature water jets.

c.gingerich:
I have the Apple watch series 3 and have used it in the pool here at my complex and at the beach without any issues. It's been great and I have no plans on getting the series 4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version