ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

Updating my Android Apps

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
It's ironic that free software is thriving, as is small cheap apps, which have gotten easier to sell (as long as the big boys get their cut), but independent donationware seems to be getting squeezed in the middle and slowly stamped out..  I hope we will be here long enough to see a resurgence..

Deozaan:
The voice of google god has now informed me that the following text is offensive to them and in violation of the google play store and is not allowed in my app descriptions, for my totally free apps that I make no money from:

Please show your appreciation for this app and support its development by donating at https://www.donationcoder.com/Donate"

>:( :down:
-mouser (August 14, 2018, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Google has to get their 30% cut of the donation. :(

wraith808:
Google has to get their 30% cut of the donation.
-Deozaan (August 14, 2018, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Deo has the right of it, methinks.  Thankfully, many companies are starting to chafe at the robbery of the platforms.  Not sure that will make any change though.

cyberdiva:
Mouser, in addition to Google's being annoyed that you're suggesting the possibility of donating (horror of horrors!), you may also be irritating them with the following statement: "This app is completely free of ads, purchases, bundled software, etc.  It collects no personal or anonymous information and sends no information to our servers." It's an implicit reproach to Google and its way of operating. Indeed, Google is coming under increasing attack for its violation of everyone's privacy.

If there's any justice in the world, you will eventually prevail. However, that's a big IF.  :(

mouser:
The real problem with a behemoth company like Google is that we are ants to them.. There is no real way to interact with such a monstrosity on a human level.  A machine like google simply cannot be asked questions or give answers or make decisions the way you can ask a human running a small business.  You might as well go ask the mountain.  So when google tells you to jump, you just have to jump.

Truthfully in this case, it doesn't really matter.. It's not like anyone was making any donations for my android apps or discovering donationcoder because of them, etc.  So removing language asking people to consider donating doesn't have any effect on me.  It just rubs me the wrong way that their rules hurt donationware developers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version