ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Extract REGEX matches from multiple text files

<< < (20/22) > >>

4wd:

--- Code: PowerShell ---Get-Help about_*-wraith808 (August 21, 2018, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, didn't know there was so many  ;D

kalos:
Guys, can anyone tell me the command that will find all the regex matches, isolate a specific part of each regex match and output all of them in a file?

I have the regex, but I don't know how to indicate a part in it.
The regex is this: "<html:productType>(.+?)</html:productType>"
I used the parentheses to isolate the part of the regex that I want to be output in the file.

How the whole command should be?

I found online and wrote this:
[regex]::match($s,"<html:productType>(.+?)</html:productType>").Groups[1].Value
But I don't know where you specify the source text or if it is correct. Any hint?

Thanks!

PS: It is really a nightmare to do some simple stuff in Powershell. There is very poor and incomplete documentation. Do you think there could be any other solution? Python maybe or anything else? I need it to work with big data though and if it has GUI it would be nice. Also, it needs to be free for commercial and any use.

kalos:
Guys, can anyone tell me the command that will find all the regex matches, isolate a specific part of each regex match and output all of them in a file?

I have the regex, but I don't know how to indicate a part in it.
The regex is this: "<html:productType>(.+?)</html:productType>"
I used the parentheses to isolate the part of the regex that I want to be output in the file.

How the whole command should be?

I found online and wrote this:
[regex]::match($s,"<html:productType>(.+?)</html:productType>").Groups[1].Value
But I don't know where you specify the source text or if it is correct. Any hint?

Thanks!

PS: It is really a nightmare to do some simple stuff in Powershell. There is very poor and incomplete documentation. Do you think there could be any other solution? Python maybe or anything else? I need it to work with big data though and if it has GUI it would be nice. Also, it needs to be free for commercial and any use.
-kalos (September 11, 2018, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone please?

Ath:
Any hint?
-kalos (September 12, 2018, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
We've been here before: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=45945.msg422274#msg422274

kalos:
Any hint?
-kalos (September 12, 2018, 04:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
We've been here before: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=45945.msg422274#msg422274
-Ath (September 12, 2018, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah great thanks!

I tested it and there is an issue. I searched in the file and there is only one instance of <html:productType>(.+?)</html:productType>
However, the output file mentioned the above value (.+?) twice. What could be the problem?

Thanks!

gci C:\XML.xml | % { sls $_.Name -Pattern '<html:productType>(.+?)<\/html:productType>' -a | % { $_.Matches } | % { $_.Groups[1].Value } >> C:\out.txt }

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version