topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2019 Release: Assignments Warlock  (Read 10120 times)

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2019 Release: Assignments Warlock
« on: December 31, 2018, 10:23 PM »
NANY 2019 Release Information

Application Name Assignments Warlock
Version 1.0.0 build 1
Short Description Create class assignment information for the entire week of classes that you teach.
Supported OSes Tested on Windows 10 64 bit.
Web Page None yet but see download link below.
Download Link Assignments Warlock (Note: From my HamRadioUSA site currently.)
License USE/MISUSE AT YOUR OWN RISK! NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND! Do not distribute on the web publicly, instead link to this topic.
System Requirements
  • .NET Framework 4.5.2
  • Obviously a computer...
Version History
  • 1.0.0 build 1 Initial Version
Author hamradio

Description
Create class assignments for the entire week (5 days) of classes that you teach.

Features
Portable enabled.
Easy to enter subjects and assignments for each week.
Save/Load JSON assignments for each week.
Save HTML/Plain Text assignments for each week to distribute to your students.

Screenshots

The main window with some subjects added.
screen_12312018.png

Usage

Installation
Extract to a portable folder of its own and run. (Note: Do not put in the program files folder or other system folder.)

Using the Application
Enter the assignments for each day of the week for each class you teach at your school.
Save as html/plain text for readable format or JSON to open them again in program.

Planned Features
Depends on how much use it would be to people to fix up beyond this point as it served what I needed it for at the time and unreleased till now...
If a few people will have a use for it I might continue working on it more than the current state.

Help File
None (Feel free to ask questions.)

Uninstallation
Delete all Assignments Warlock files.

Known Issues
Currently do not know of any.

Disclaimer
Whether other people think this might be useful, I'm not sure...however download is above at the download link in this post currently.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:34 PM by hamradio »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2019 Release: Assignments Warlock
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 01:14 PM »
AsusPortatil - 06_01_2019 , 19_13_05.pngNANY 2019 Release: Assignments Warlock :-*

I am a teacher !
I don't understand what is meant by "assignments for each day of the week for each class you teach at your school".
The timetable ?
 :-\

I put a screenshot

MichaelWa

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:58 AM »
I think this tool is for creating a printout or Web page of the work assignments that you will teach for the week. Not necessarily the time period.
It is something you can definitely do in other ways but this program is very lightweight and simple.
So for example;

Math:
1/7 - Simple fractions
1/8 - Integers
1/9 - Systems of Equations
Etc..
You can add more info to each line as the summary for the lesson.
Hope this helps.

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:19 PM »
I think this tool is for creating a printout or Web page of the work assignments that you will teach for the week. Not necessarily the time period.
It is something you can definitely do in other ways but this program is very lightweight and simple.
So for example;

Math:
1/7 - Simple fractions
1/8 - Integers
1/9 - Systems of Equations
Etc..
You can add more info to each line as the summary for the lesson.
Hope this helps.

Thank you MichaelWa for helping while I was busy.

[ Invalid Attachment ] :-*

I am a teacher !
I don't understand what is meant by "assignments for each day of the week for each class you teach at your school".
The timetable ?
 :-\

I put a screenshot

Anyways...

Basically what MichaelWa said...as you can add all the subjects you teach and under each subject put the assignments for the week that you will be teaching in class and/or homework assignments and display online and/or print for the students.  You save each week and the default week is the current week, but you can also switch week days pretty fast to get to the week you want. For each week you should start with a blank form.

Note: I would be open to possibly building in a template based system for the html design if enough thinks it would be useful.

TIP If you didn't figure it out unchecking a day will disable it. Then to the left of where you add/remove subjects you may check that to automatically mark em as a student holiday or leave unchecked to just not display that day.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:27 PM by hamradio »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19 AM »
Understood
 :-* ;D

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 10:46 PM »
Hi HamRadio!

This is my first pick for something I can use nicely!
I "teach myself", and I'm always starting and abandoning note lists of stuff I get into.
I tend to have a book of the week going, and I'm about to get back into serious chess studying, and I'm a fan of "lightweight" stuff much of the time!

I had trouble printing it all onto one page from the html export, but I just hand edited the last of 4 subjects to have tight spacing and that works fine for "little things".

This is neat because the program holds the "Master" copy so when I did hard coded lists I kept wasting time starting and abandoning stuff, and of course the results were not electronic. Also, stuff can be shuffled and dates edited, so if I was "supposed" to do something and then "Life Happened", just shuffle and move it! Or make a new list and update what's still going on.

Also, it also works as a "concept tracker" so that it might even work for things like mini instruction guides to do stuff, or lists of the stuff to get at grocery stores best for dieting, and it fits nicely with that Getting Things Done motif I've remarked on about once a year on DC.

Hooray!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:10 PM by TaoPhoenix »

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 10:16 PM »
Hi HamRadio!

This is my first pick for something I can use nicely!
I "teach myself", and I'm always starting and abandoning note lists of stuff I get into.
I tend to have a book of the week going, and I'm about to get back into serious chess studying, and I'm a fan of "lightweight" stuff much of the time!

I had trouble printing it all onto one page from the html export, but I just hand edited the last of 4 subjects to have tight spacing and that works fine for "little things".

This is neat because the program holds the "Master" copy so when I did hard coded lists I kept wasting time starting and abandoning stuff, and of course the results were not electronic. Also, stuff can be shuffled and dates edited, so if I was "supposed" to do something and then "Life Happened", just shuffle and move it! Or make a new list and update what's still going on.

Also, it also works as a "concept tracker" so that it might even work for things like mini instruction guides to do stuff, or lists of the stuff to get at grocery stores best for dieting, and it fits nicely with that Getting Things Done motif I've remarked on about once a year on DC.

Hooray!

Cool. Glad you found an alternate use for it.  Still not that popular that I know of...so I probably wont update it yet as my use for it changed a few months after I wrote it. I just modified it some to release it on here. It is also kind of why it does not have a website and just a download link off my main site currently instead of on my dcmembers page. :)