ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Check your browser before accessing the Donation Coder site??

(1/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I didn't see a more appropriate section, so... I just clicked on my link to the DC site. Instead of going directly there, my browser showed a large box that said something like "Check your browser before access the Donation Coder site."  The box soon brought me to the DC site. I exited,  tried again, and this time there was no such box.  I don't recall ever seeing such a thing before.  Is it related to the ddos attack I read about a day or so ago? 

Arizona Hot:
If the check lets you use the site without trouble, I'm for it. I tried logging in yesterday and couldn't do anything much and had to leave without logging out.

KynloStephen66515:
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I didn't see a more appropriate section, so... I just clicked on my link to the DC site. Instead of going directly there, my browser showed a large box that said something like "Check your browser before access the Donation Coder site."  The box soon brought me to the DC site. I exited,  tried again, and this time there was no such box.  I don't recall ever seeing such a thing before.  Is it related to the ddos attack I read about a day or so ago? 
-cyberdiva (July 27, 2018, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Basically, we are currently experiencing a DDoS attack, and the screen you are seeing is there to check you are a legitimate visitor before allowing you to connect to the server.  It is simply part of the DDoS protection that has been deployed.  DC has never been DDoSed before, so this has never needed to be deployed until now.

The feature will stay active until mouser can be sure the attacks have ended :)

KynloStephen66515:
I should also mention - you will see the page every 30 minutes (30 minutes of inactivity).

wraith808:
-cyberdiva (July 27, 2018, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=45914.msg421959;topicseen#msg421959

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version