ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Need Desktop icon to run Brother Control Center 4 (CC4 system tray program)

<< < (6/9) > >>

timmy2:
Thank you for the continued effort!  :Thmbsup:

My Brother Utilities lists two printers in the drop-down box at the top. One printer is at my desk (but on the LAN) and the other is across the house, also on the LAN.

First, I tried the name of the printer at my desk. I figure I installed the latest Brother software when I added it to the network recently.

Model=MFC-L2710DW series LAN

then I changed the line to:

Model=L2550DW series LAN

Neither attempt caused the shortcut to open CC4.

KodeZwerg:
Hello there, after reading this thread i might have another try out for you.

Get ProcessExplorer or Process Hacker or similar.
Run it.
Let it display its window.
Now do everything you normal would need to do to run that Brother Control Center 4.
Focus PE/PH, hover with mouse over the process of that Brother Control Center 4.
Do a screenshot of that hint thats displayed and share it in here.
That way you might be able to read out process startup parameter to set up Desktop Shortcut.

edited:
That way you could also find out if its a sub-process that needed to be invoked and how its invoked.

skwire:
Thank you for the continued effort!-timmy2 (August 18, 2018, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

How important to you is it to have my program handle the CC4 startup?  What I mean is, I can easily make this work if you enable those two options ("Start ControlCenter on computer startup" and "Open the main window on CC startup").  Yes, you will have the window show up when you first boot the computer but, after you close it once, my program should work for both Home and Advanced modes.  Can you test that?  If that works, and you're okay with the startup thing, I'll adjust my program to only have to show and focus the scanner window when run.  Cool?

timmy2:
I recently had a similar wish to have a desktop icon that I could click on to get quick access to Control Center 4. I tried a number of things that seem similar to what timmy2 described at the start, and like timmy2, I had no success. My husband then suggested simply going into the Start Menu's All Programs and clicking on Brother (our printer). This produced a list of items, one of which was Control Center 4. I then just dragged that item to the desktop, and voilĂ , I had a desktop icon.  When I click on it, it produces the box I want with icons for the 4 Scan options: Image, OCR, E-mail, and File.  I should add that the CC4 version is 4.2.461.1, and my computer runs Windows 7 Prof. 64-bit. CC4 is apparently in the Startup menu, but I have not given it permission to start at the computer's startup, and Win Patrol assures me that it is currently not running.

I hope this may prove helpful.
-cyberdiva (August 12, 2018, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I overlooked your post. Thank you for the attempt to help, CyberDiva. I think what you did used to be possible. Maybe it's still possible with Windows versions prior to 10 or earlier versions of the Brother software. But recent installations for several Brother multifunction printers in Windows 10 all yield the same result: a single program, Brother Utilities, in All Programs > Brother. And the Control Center 4 icon cannot be dragged to the Desktop to make it a shortcut.

Don G.:
Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\BrLauncher for a file with the .ini extension that has the same name as your scanner.  In my case the file was C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\BrLauncher\HL-2930DW LAN.ini

Open the ini file and look for the section heading named [SCAN]. Under the [SCAN] section there should be a line for the Control Center Scan function that looks similar to this one (your model may be different):
ControlCenter_Scan=C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCcBoot.exe /model="HL-L2390DW LAN" /OpenTab=0x01

Copy everything from this line after the = sign to the end of this line and paste it into a new shortcut.
When you create your new shortcut you will need to edit the pasted line and put quotes around the path to the executable so that it looks similar this (your model may be different):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCcBoot.exe" /model="HL-L2390DW LAN" /OpenTab=0x01
Your new shortcut will directly open the Control Center 4 Scan page.

I don't have the Control Center configured to run on start up and the new shortcut works fine. It can be closed and restarted without issues.  I hope this works for you too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version