ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Need Desktop icon to run Brother Control Center 4 (CC4 system tray program)

<< < (5/9) > >>

skwire:
I've modified the program to check for the existence of "BrCtrlCntr.exe" first.  If that process doesn't exist, it starts up the CC4 tray process, waits for the window to be created, and then activates it.  If the process already exists, it simply shows the window as before.  In other words, you can disable the "Open main window on startup" option since the program now does it for you on its first run.  Please download again, test, and let me know your results.

http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/apps/snacks/CC4_Tool.zip

timmy2:
Thank you for the additional effort, skwire. The new exe does not do anything discernible. I've been out and busy, and still am, but as soon as I can i'll look at your source to see if I can help troubleshoot what's going on.

skwire:
Thank you for the additional effort, skwire. The new exe does not do anything discernible. I've been out and busy, and still am, but as soon as I can i'll look at your source to see if I can help troubleshoot what's going on. -timmy2 (August 17, 2018, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tested it over and over in my test VM and it seemed to work fine.   :huh:

timmy2:
I feel you. Do you have "Start ControlCenter on computer startup" enabled in preferences? How about "Open the main window on CC startup"?

If you actually open CC4 and click on the Configuration button, which Mode are you using: Home or Advanced?

Lastly, I believe you made your latest app contingent on the path(s) of one or more programs. Please share those with me and I'll verify here.

I'll try it on another PC here and see what happens on it.

skwire:
Do you have "Start ControlCenter on computer startup" enabled in preferences? How about "Open the main window on CC startup"?-timmy2 (August 18, 2018, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

In my current version below, both options can be left unchecked.  If the CC4 tray app isn't running, it will be started.

If you actually open CC4 and click on the Configuration button, which Mode are you using: Home or Advanced?-timmy2 (August 18, 2018, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

The program below is designed to work with either mode.

Soooo...more testing revealed some really, really, really inconsistent behaviour so I've tried another tack.  Please redownload:

http://www.dcmembers.com/skwire/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/apps/snacks/CC4_Tool.zip

* Unzip that to its own folder.  There are now three files: CC4_Tool.ahk (source file), CC4_Tool.exe (program), and config.ini (settings file)
* Launch the Brother Utilities application.  Make note of the printer name in the dropdown list.  On my test VM, it's: MFC-L8850CDW LAN
* Open up the config.ini file in a text editor (Notepad, etc., not Word).  Change the Model=MFC-L8850CDW LAN line to match your printer name and save the config.ini file.
* Run the CC4_Tool.exe application.  Let me know if it works now.
Source:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#NoEnv#NoTrayIconDetectHiddenWindows, On IniRead, myModel, % A_ScriptDir . "\config.ini", Settings, Model GroupAdd, myCc4WindowsGroup, ahk_class ControlCenter4_AdvMainWndClsGroupAdd, myCc4WindowsGroup, ahk_class ControlCenter4_HomeMainWndCls Process, Exist, BrCtrlCntr.exe ; Check to see if the process exists.If ! ( ErrorLevel ) ; Process does not exist, start the process and activate window.{    Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCcBoot.exe" /model="%myModel%", "C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4"    WinWait    , ahk_group myCc4WindowsGroup, , 5    WinActivate, ahk_group myCc4WindowsGroup}Else ; Process is already running so show the window.{    WinShow    , ahk_group myCc4WindowsGroup    WinActivate, ahk_group myCc4WindowsGroup} ExitApp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version