ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Setting process priority not working with Windows 10?

<< < (4/7) > >>

IainB:
If the user had enabled "Tame applications based on CPU usage" and modified the threshold settings for that, then could that possibly explain the symptoms described?
Just a thought. I've not really used that functionality, except to test that it works.

mouser:
When you set a force rule, PT should try to force that priority on the app when it sees it.. But what I can't remember is whether PT continually monitors the app to see if anything else changes it afterward, or will leave it alone after the first time it changes it.  I suspect that the latter is what's happening in this case.  PT is changing it, and it is changing itself back.

Erich56:
It's too bad that I can't tell whether one of the following two scenarios happened during last night:

1) acemd.exe stopped after finishing a job, then restarted with a new job, PT changed the priority to "above normal", and lateron, at some point of time, acemd.exe changed the priority back to "below normal".

2) acemd.exe stopped after finishing a job, then restarted with a new job, and - for whatever reason - PT did NOT change the priority to "above normal".  Although I had seen PT already once (some time yesterday) changing the priority right when acemd.exe started.

The thing is that these jobs take between 10 and 14 hours, so I don't always have a chance to watch what's happening when a job gets finished and a new one starts.  Some time this happens during the night, some time I am not at home exactly at that moment, ...

mouser:
Enable the Process Tamer log file, and check that from the GUI.

Erich56:
The thing is that these jobs take between 10 and 14 hours, so I don't always have a chance to watch what's happening when a job gets finished and a new one starts.  Some time this happens during the night, some time I am not at home exactly at that moment, ...-Erich56 (July 08, 2018, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
5 Minutes ago, I was lucky and could watch what was happening when acemd.exe was closed because a job got finished, and a new job (and hence acemd.exe) started:

There was the Windows Notification below on the right hand side, saying that Process Tamer is changing the priority of acemd.exe to "above normal" - but when I checked this seconds later, the priority was "below normal".  As shown in the Windows task Manager as well as in the PT GUI - see here:
Setting process priority not working with Windows 10?
so something is going wrong  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version