ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Kudos for the best square (or any aspect ratio) solution ever

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
When the post-capture dialog appears, the focus remains on whatever window was active before the capture was triggered.
--- End quote ---

Hmm, that shouldn't happen.  Is it true for every app or are there some that are stealing focus.

2. I move my workspace from one folder to another in the course of a day. When I'm first saving a capture into a new folder, I'll need to do a "Save image as" to set the active file path.
--- End quote ---

That won't work -- when you do a Save As it does not change the default screenshot folder.  And when you use the Overide filename field in the post-capture dialog and hit enter, it always goes into the current default screenshot folder.  You'll have to open the main interface if you want to change the current default folder.

JosephSh:
For the first/focus issue:

When I use a hotkey to trigger a capture, then press a numeral to select a pre-defined area, then give the left mouse button a single click to capture, the focus stays on whatever application had the focus in the first place. This is true whether using MindManager, Chrome, Irfanview, or even the desktop with all apps minimized.

Here's the tricky part: This only happens when I am capturing an area within the active application. If Chrome is active, for example, but not full screen, and I place my cursor over the empty desktop beside it, and capture an area not including Chrome, the focus does shift to the capture dialog. Same actions, however, with the cursor over the active application and the capture within that window, and the focus remains on the active app.

If I do an area capture with a click and drag, there is no problem. The focus moves to the capture dialog.

For the Save issue: Looks like my original strategy will be best: Click the Save to Clipboard button (setting it to default to saving the image), and do a Save As. The Save As does keep consistent in the folder it uses, so once I change it, it stays.

Hoping this winds up being helpful!

mouser:
When I use a hotkey to trigger a capture, then press a numeral to select a pre-defined area, then give the left mouse button a single click to capture, the focus stays on whatever application had the focus in the first place. This is true whether using MindManager, Chrome, Irfanview, or even the desktop with all apps minimized.
--- End quote ---

Ok, that sounds like a bug then, because when the post-capture dialog pops up, it should assume focus.  I will look into it.

JosephSh:
Cool.
 :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
Oops  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version