topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:05 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ashampoo Bundle  (Read 3662 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ashampoo Bundle
« on: May 29, 2018, 06:50 PM »
I am not an Ashampoo fan, but this bundle might supply a couple of long-term tools, like the Music or Photo ones.

In some places it is over, here they say five days more.

How It Works

Pay What You Want: The Ashampoo Software Bundle
Supercharge Your PC with This Extensive App Collection — All For a Price You Choose
https://deals.neowin...03nQY4&scsonar=1

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ashampoo Bundle
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Thanks.

I haven't used many of the Ashampoo programs but I have used the Snapshot program for grabbing screenshots.
(I tend to like SNAG IT better but it is a bit pricey to put on every computer I have).

(An FYI, For screen shots of just browser windows, like Chrome,  the NIMBUS screenshot does an excellent job of capturing those web-pages, where parts of the page are missing, WHEN you try and do a simple windows "Print-Screen". It also does an excellent job of also being able to capture an entire webpage, when a webpage is several pages long).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 03:01 PM »
For screen shots of just browser windows, like Chrome,  the NIMBUS screenshot does an excellent job of capturing those web-pages, where parts of the page are missing, WHEN you try and do a simple windows "Print-Screen". It also does an excellent job of also being able to capture an entire webpage, when a webpage is several pages long
-disenchanted (June 26, 2018, 09:32 AM)
Curious:
# how do you mean "where parts of the page are missing" ? Do you mean they off-screen i.e. need scrolling?
# have you tried Screenshot Captor (SC) for scrolling capture? Can you compare?
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Beat the average price & you'll take home the entire bundle.

Beat the Average Price $11.77

Beat the average to get all 8 apps!

$11.78 or more: https://deals.neowin...ling-software-bundle

2018-06-26.gifAshampoo Bundle

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 12:18 PM »
For screen shots of just browser windows, like Chrome,  the NIMBUS screenshot does an excellent job of capturing those web-pages, where parts of the page are missing, WHEN you try and do a simple windows "Print-Screen". It also does an excellent job of also being able to capture an entire webpage, when a webpage is several pages long
-disenchanted (June 26, 2018, 09:32 AM)
Curious:
# how do you mean "where parts of the page are missing" ? Do you mean they off-screen i.e. need scrolling?
# have you tried Screenshot Captor (SC) for scrolling capture? Can you compare?

Sometimes when you try to do a simple Print (CTRL + D) of a webpage, like after you purchase something online and the vendor's webpage shows a receipt number  and download links, or such, I have found that sometimes part of the print out is missing. 
When using just a simple "Print" command.

A good example are some emails I received.  tried to print out a copy listing software keys and download links. But the pages were like truncated; with part of the page omitted from the print out.

Anyway, I noticed that for grabbing a complete webpage, that using Chrome with the Nimbus extension will grab everything "as it appears" on your web browser. Whether you are looking at an email like yahoo or gmail, or a webpage.
(I do have to credit Mike Bazzell and his OSINT newsletter for the Nimbus extension tip. I had not heard of it until a few weeks ago. Now I use it with all my computers).

I don't know what types of webpages are the ones that will or won't print out everything you see, as i'm not a web builder.
But I am glad to see an extension that saves me from having to do screenshots and/or Cut 'N pastes of pages, just to get all pertinent details.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 01:53 PM »
^ thanks @disenchanted for that info :up:
Tom