ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Geotagging your photos? gps4cam and other tools?

<< < (2/2)

Jibz:
Sometimes I've simply had my phone in my pocket while out taking pictures, and then went to Google location history (think it's called timeline now), which automatically tracks your movements, and exported the data and imported it into Lightroom.

I haven't done that for about a year or two though, so I don't know if this is still possible.-Jibz (June 25, 2018, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is, I mentioned it above, but it's not as accurate as something that logs GPS co-ordinates, (program or device).
-4wd (June 25, 2018, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh sorry, I totally missed that!

mouser:
Thanks for your detailed description of your workflow, 4wd -- that's very helpful!  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Re. Google Timeline - just looked back on what I had to do.

* Go to Google Takeout and download your Location History, it will be in JSON format.
* There are programs that will convert from JSON to other formats, (eg. GPX), - I used a python script: Location History JSON Converter
If you're not interested in logging GPS co-ords you can just use Timeline, log in via a browser and then you can use Snap to roads to smooth out the track, (the RAW data doesn't get deleted or modified unless you specifically tell it to).  Obviously only really good if you stick to roads, doesn't work for footpaths, tracks, etc.

If you want to have a look where you spend your time you can upload your Location History JSON file and get a heatmap: Location History Visualizer

Geotagging your photos? gps4cam and other tools?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version