ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Automatic Screenshotter

Automatic Screenshotter v1.17.01 - Jan 3, 2020

(1/9) > >>

mouser:
Automatic Screenshotter is a tool that lives down in your system tray and takes regular screenshots of your desk or the active window. The intention is to be a fairly lightweight primitive "backup" tool, like an airplane black box, so that in a case of last resort (app or system crash) you can go back and see what was on your screen at a certain time in the past.

Features:

* It's made to run in the background, taking screenshots of either the currently active foreground window, or the entire desktop.
* You can configure how often the screenshots are taken, and how they are named. The naming can include putting them into subdirectories and can be based on the data,time, and application name.
* It will automatically prune older screenshots based on limits you set regarding screenshot age, # screenshots to keep, and total file space you want to use.
* It will also try to be smart about avoiding saving multiple screenshots when the window (desktop) contents don't actually change, with some configurable tolerances, to minimize disk space used.
* It can also be told about certain applications to never capture, or alternatively a small list of applications that it should only ever capture.
* It can be configured to ignore capture when your pc has been idle for a certain amount of time, or when screensaver is running, or when full-screen games are running.
* You can also manually trigger a capture with a hotkey.
* You can also toggle capturing on-and-off easily from system tray menu.
* Screenshots are saved as standard png files.
* In summary, the focus is on an automated system of recording recent activity on the screen, and trying to be well behaved regarding disk space usage. You should be able to set it and forget it, until you need to go back and see what was on the screen at a certain time in the near past.

Official web page: https://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/automatic-screenshotter

Original thread: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=42090

v1.17.1 - Jan 3, 2020

* [Improvement] Better catching and display of errors (main screen will show last error if any)
v1.16.1 - Dec 30, 2019

* [BugFix] Specification of maximum folder size for autodeletion could get confused with large values over several gb.
* [Improvement] New options to individually enable/disable different autodeletion criteria.
* [BugFix] Setting image quality to 1 in options resulted in error.
* [MinorFeature] Double-clicking on image thumbnail in main window will open the image in default image viewer.
* [Improvement] Improved logging and display of pruning delete events.
* [Improvement] Improved bundled version of Mouser's Media Browser.
* [BugFix] Screenshot save directory was not being listed in options tab.
* [BugFix] Compression level option was inverted.

v1.12.1 - May 8, 2019

* [BugFix] Capturing active window on older versions of windows could result in unusual screen corruption.
* [Feature] New preview of last capture shown on main window (see options on Misc tab).
v1.11.1 - Feb 23, 2019

* [BugFix] Region capture mode would not accepted negative coordinates, which are needed for some multimonitor setups.
* [Feature] You can now select the region to capture graphically.
* [MinorFeature] New menu item to open last screenshot.
* [BugFix] Automatic Screenshotter would sometimes store duplicate screenshots if the active window/process name was changed, even if screen contents had not.
v1.09.1 - June 24, 2018

* [Feature] Added option to disable auto-deletion of older screenshots (and disabled this feature by default)
* [Improvement] Updated the Internal Media Browser tool.
@v1.08.1 - Aug 5, 2017

* [Feature] Added option to enable (default) automatic renaming of files if a file exists with the same name already.  This was always done in previous versions, now it can be disabled.
* [Feature] Added option to save a LastCapture.EXT file in current settings directory after each capture; useful with other tools if you want to react to the latest capture.
@v1.07.1 - May 9, 2017

* [BugFix] Capturing of active windows could result in partial capture on high-dpi systems.
* [Feature] You can now specify custom DPI for saved images (default is now 96dpi).
* [BugFix] Start with windows option was not working.
@v1.06.1 - May 3, 2017

* [BugFix] Fixed GDI leak that could cause app to hang after thousands of captures.
@v1.05.1 - Mar 21, 2017

* Support for High-DPI displays (where text magnification setting is over 100%).
* Improved default sound.
* New option for capturing a specific region by coordinates.
@v1.01.01 - Jan 1, 2016

* [Info] First release

mouser:
I have uploaded a new beta (v1.09.01).  Although it is a minor update in most ways, the update of the internal media browser tool is non-trivial.

I would appreciate feedback on its functionality.

Note: The automatic pruning (deletion) of old screenshots is now disabled by default), and there is a new easy option for enabling/disabling this function.

KodeZwerg:
I would appreciate feedback on its functionality.-mouser (June 24, 2018, 04:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
micro-review:
The MousersMediaBrowser.exe could work a bit better with positioning and sizing.
as more i play with options as smaller both frames get.
Small bug: double click caption will confuse Windows 10, many own windows react very strange when i doubleclicked caption.
Can it be that you try to have some kind of own taskbar-thingy? (limit screen with your app running)
Caption itself is missing in maximized mode: Automatic Screenshotter v1.17.01 - Jan 3, 2020 (This is my Windows start position @ 0,0) i cannot access any menu anymore.

In Setup/Hotkey, i cannot define any "SHIFT"+Key combination. (example: SHIFT+A result in A)

Hope it helps.

TucknDar:
@v1.09.1 - Aug 24, 2018
-mouser (June 24, 2018, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Can I borrow your time machine?

mouser:
Can I borrow your time machine?
--- End quote ---

Oops  :-[ fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index