ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Any program required to move files to a NAS.

<< < (8/10) > >>

Craig381:
I was initially so excited for the initial response.

This apparently has been forgotten.

Guess I will have to write my own program.

sigh

KodeZwerg:
Hello Craig381,

i feel sorry to silent dropped this discussion.
Initial i really felt to help, and it was already finished, at least 95% with maybe 5% bugs left.
But that "do this/dont that" and "use this/not that" has killed my fun in developing it, its already dumped after all those "delete is a no go" texts.

That RoboCopy thing gave me the rest to forget about this project because i would not have 100% control, or i am not skilled enough.

If i am again motivated enough (not now, we had a bad accident in family), i still can do the job by ignore everything and just do my thing.

4wd:
@Craig381: Does the NAS require log on credentials or are they already stored/saved in Windows?

ie. Can you just access the share through Explorer without entering user/password?

Also, define "special characters", is this anything other than what Windows defines as forbidden filename characters, (ie. <>: "/\ |?*) ?

ADDENDUM: Also, you could ask skwire to enhance his File Punter program to accept UNC destinations, it should be able to do what you want after you create the RegEx rules.

skwire:
ADDENDUM: Also, you could ask skwire to enhance his File Punter program to accept UNC destinations, it should be able to do what you want after you create the RegEx rules.
-4wd (August 16, 2018, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oddly enough, I was going to ask @Craig381 if he would be open to using my ZeroZipper program on some of his file structure for me to test with to see if I could make FilePunter work for his needs.  @Craig381, if your filenames are sensitive, we understand.  However, if you are you open to this, you can use my ZeroZipper program to make a zero-byte mirror zip of your source files for me to test with.

4wd:
I think it would, creating RegEx rules to cater for them is easy.

Trying to programmatically create them from the directory names is a little more of a challenge.

Kind of getting there in  PowerShell but i don't have a lot of time available at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version