ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Any program required to move files to a NAS.

<< < (3/10) > >>

KodeZwerg:
Keeping in line with my suggest before, I suggest you not have an option to bypass the recycle bin -- at least until the app is well tested (and certainly don't make it bypass recycle bin by default!).  I suggest you change the option to say "Bypass recycle bin (dangerous)."
-mouser (June 23, 2018, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you for your attention on that!  :Thmbsup: IDEA: Any program required to move files to a NAS. Gui Redesign, when done, i remove "craig" option and add to NANY  :tellme:

edit
another redesign done, "Recyle-Bin" option is disabled by default aslong not "Move" is checked.

Ath:
Do you have an screenshot of the part of the config screen to set up file filters & destinations? At least, I hope that part is configurable... :huh:

KodeZwerg:
Do you have an screenshot of the part of the config screen to set up file filters & destinations? At least, I hope that part is configurable... :huh:
-Ath (June 23, 2018, 03:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I might need to add such possibilties when i pump it to NANY
For now its written for Craig with "*.*" as Sourcefolder Filemask and Destinations you can read in Post #1 (still not implemented, working on it)

edit
after thinking about, i will not hardcode Craigs filesystem instead i will add a rule-set editor for both, Source and Destination.
For Source:
- edit filemasks - limited to extensions (eg: ".hlp;.chm"), for now i do not plan to add "?" / "*" support (those are placeholders for any content) except "*.*"
- "include/exclude" by "datetime/attribute/name"
For Destination:
- "if filename begin/contain" then "copy to specific folder" (with folder-selector)
(Craigs Filesystem will be included as example)

If i missed other useful rules feel free to post wishes!

mouser:
Another security thing you might add is, because you are copying to a network drive, not just check that the copy operation succeeded, but actually check that the destination file exists (and maybe is the same size)?  I'm not trying to make more work for you, I'm just being paranoid when it comes to anything that involves deleting files.  The good part is this is a custom app for one person so there's not too much room to do harm.

KodeZwerg:
Good point and sorry i had edited my last post wich neglate "The good part is this is a custom app for one person so there's not too much room to do harm.".
Now it will be an Application for everyone.

It makes no trouble to do "fileexists()" checks, but since its a custom-Copy (ie: i write data by myself) i know at any moment whats good and whats not.
For paranoids i can add Filehash checks (CRC16/CRC32/CRC64/MD4/MD5 shouldnt slow down progress much, depends on drivetempo/connection speed)

Heres a Preview of current main Gui IDEA: Any program required to move files to a NAS. now working on Rule-Set design

Short update: added UAC controlled "Begin" button with shield symbol. If running without admin-rights my program will ask to elevate.

More News: Due to UAC integration (not with Manifest, at runtime!) i have to redesign the whole copy process. Now main gui is shrinked and a new Window appear for file copy progress. Alot hidden stuff must be ported now to work with UAC correct, i am sorry!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version