ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Any program required to move files to a NAS.

<< < (9/10) > >>

Craig381:
\\192.168.1.203 is enough in windows explorer to view NAS drives/shares.
Login is already accomplished.

This "timegap" is exactly what I needed to get off my arse and start coding.
In the past month I have managed to get a semi-working vbscript wrapped in a hta gui which is not quite there yet...

It presently takes the global variable NASPath = 192.168.1.203 and learns the entire NAS structure thru a seperate running process using a simple net view cmd saved to a txt file which is parsed and saved into 1 dimension of a 3 dimensional array. I then take the number of subfolders and names of all said subfolders on each drive and save them into another dimension of the array. Then came the tough part which took the past 2 weeks, figuring out all the possible regex patterns that could exist, extracting and writing them from actual names stored in the array and then writing the "dynamic" patterns back into the array so that they correspond with the actual subfolder names on each NAS drive.
a lot of crap like this..  If RE.Pattern= bla bla Then N = "^(" & Left(d,2) & ")[" & Right(Left(d,3),1) & "-" & Right(Left(d,7),1) & "].*"
Finally I saved the array into a config.ini file to speed up the second running of the program.
This was tougher than I thought, but I am at 689 lines of code and Im not gonna quit till this damn thing works.... (unless someone beats me to it then I will pause to admire their work before finishing this monstrosity.)

Craig

Craig381:
After reading back thru the posts I am amused that KodeZwerg stopped because of comments NOT MADE BY ME.

KodeZwerg quote: "But that "do this/dont that" and "use this/not that" has killed my fun in developing it, its already dumped after all those "delete is a no go" texts."
These comments were ALL OTHER PEOPLE and NOT MADE BY ME, the originator.

What kind of person punishes person A because of what person B & C & D say or do?

Bottom line, shame on you KodeZwerg for bailing (unless you were unable to technically accomplish it. then I am sorry.)

ps: I still have a coder donation for anyone who is able to accomplish this.

It is actually now a CODER CHALLENGE as my program is finished... 700 lines of code and it works!

oh, my program follows no set file structure as stated in the first post, forget all that crap, it learns the shares and subfolders  on the network and moves all files residing in the program folder to where they "should" belong on the network according to the first 3 characters in each file name. There is a "Re-Learn Network" button (For changes to the NAS), a "Replace if Larger" button and a "Use Previous Config" button which also moves duplicate files to the G:\Duplicates folder. (The Larger files option also moves smaller files here.)

wraith808:
Bottom line, shame on you KodeZwerg for bailing (unless you were unable to technically accomplish it. then I am sorry.)
-Craig381 (September 13, 2018, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shame on him?  He bailed because he thought that was a general consensus.  Reach out to him directly to say, "Hey, I don't care.  Can you complete this?"

Craig381:
Listen here Wraith, how the hell do you know what someone else is thinking?
Don't tell me what to do and how about you mind your own damn business.

This has nothing to do with you.

I would like to see new rules on this site that only allow the originator to dictate what they want or require because all the side comments ruined this with their OWN personal demands/suggestions which has NOTHING to do with me.

So get that into ya..

mouser:
The coders who hang out and participate here, including KodeZwerg, do so because it brings them some satisfaction to interact with users of their software.  If those efforts become unsatisfying it is not unreasonable for them to stop working on it.  This early on a project it can be a very wise thing to stop investing time in something that isn't making you happy.  There are just too many projects calling out for our time and attention, sometimes we have to choose carefully what projects get our attention and which have to be let go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version