ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

This is an entry for NANY 2019 - SCrypt

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
As Jibz say, I'm pretty direct ;)

Take it for what it's meant to be - honest advice, not an attempt at saying you're stupid or that what you've made is worthless. Jibz put it a bit more eloquently, and you should definitely take his advice to heart.

But let me elaborate a bit.

The "hard" thing first: your method is not secure, and it is not practical. Whether "secure" matters depends on your threat model, but there are many other solutions out there that are both convenient and offer hard cryptographic security.

And then on to some words of encouragement: playing around with crypto is fun. Try doing stuff on your own, see what other people have done. Optimizing is fun, and going assembly-level with interesting instruction sets even moreso. Don't stop being interested in these things!

The best thing you can do with this NANY entry is to share the code. Talk to other developers. Accept criticism, learn from it. There's a good chance you'll end up learning stuff about encryption as well as optimizing.

For fun, I've attached a couple of files from 1997 when I thought I had designed a super cool crypto scheme.

KodeZwerg:
As Jibz say, I'm pretty direct ;)-f0dder (July 17, 2018, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is absolutely okay to me. Better direct than writing dozens lines of lovely text with small real consumable feedback.
Take it for what it's meant to be - honest advice, not an attempt at saying you're stupid or that what you've made is worthless.-f0dder (July 17, 2018, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
All is fine, no offend taken.
The best thing you can do with this NANY entry is to share the code.-f0dder (July 17, 2018, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am sorry, this option is gone. While developing/learning MMX it was possible. When i published it here it was possible to get code. Now the Crypt-Algo is already bound to another Application. I try rebuild something similar to share as code not as binary. I am sorry!

I am pretty sure you have code anyway :-)

f0dder:
I am sorry, this option is gone. While developing/learning MMX it was possible. When i published it here it was possible to get code. Now the Crypt-Algo is already bound to another Application.-KodeZwerg (July 17, 2018, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why does that change anything?

I am pretty sure you have code anyway :-)-KodeZwerg (July 17, 2018, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
It would be easy enough reverse-engineering it - but it's not that I'm particularly interested in the algorithm. Sharing it would be for your own good, to learn from the discussion you could have with more experienced developers :)

KodeZwerg:
Why does that change anything?-f0dder (July 18, 2018, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Source now dont belong to me anymore. It is now part of another Application/Company.

Crush:
You really should post at least some relevant code fragments, otherwise noone will believe that you´re doing really a usable encryption. I also posted such an experimental (super-)encryption tool a few years ago and it was necessary to publish the source also.
The same problem came up with a game solving AI robot at a coding contest. Nobody believed that I was able to find the best solution within a few nanoseconds while the best were not able to break the milliseconds barrier and some others needed several seconds. They didn´t believe that this is technically possible until I released the sourcecode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version