ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to move forward with an idea?

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
^ this idea would need to be protected, so kickstarter is probably not the best idea.

As said your location is relevant.
I have a friend/acquaintance here in Germany who had a very simple idea that hugely increased the safety of working with ladders in certain situations. He wanted to patent the idea -- I did up drawings for the idea, which he used in his proposal. It turned out that in Germany there was no need to get a patent to protect his idea. Tbh I couldnt tell you what exactly he needed to get, and it's probably not relevant to you in your location anyways.
Because his idea involved something very helpful to e.g. the Fire Dept/Brigade, he got a lot of support from officials, and eventually got involved with a company who paid for developing prototypes etc. in return for a very large percentage of eventual profits.

It looks like it will be ten years between idea, and actually making any real money off of it -- from what he's been told it's often a lot longer (if ever). I know that getting a patent is more work too (and note he did put a *lot* of effort into the process).

wraith808:
Well, Kickstarter may help you. But keep in mind Mouser's advise.

Kickstarter helps artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers, and other creators find the resources and support they need to make their ideas a reality. To date, tens of thousands of creative projects — big and small — have come to life with the support of the Kickstarter community.
https://www.kickstarter.com/

Regards,

Anand
-anandcoral (June 11, 2018, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Kickstarter is a bit more than a place to get funds.  He'd have to be able to articulate the product, create the campaign, and most importantly, deliver the product.  If he's asking on here how to get it done, then Kickstarter is a bad choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version