ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Keepass will not be ignored even it is in "Ignore these..."

<< < (3/4) > >>

TucknDar:
Same issue in latest beta (2.43.2).

Steps:
Uncheck "Use 'Clipboard Viewer Ignore' clipboard format (not recommended)" in KeePass.
Doubleclick some entry (KeePass is set to minimize, which activates the next window, in this case Vivaldi).
CHS-window shows content of clipboard.

mouser:
Doubleclick some entry (KeePass is set to minimize, which activates the next window, in this case Vivaldi).
--- End quote ---

Ah.. ok so I think I understand a bit better now -- KeePass is minimizing BEFORE CHS sees the new clip... That's a really tricky situation, since CHS thinks another app put the text on the clipboard..

Thanks for explaining it again, now at least I can test and see if I can figure out a solution..

One potential solution might be to check if the active window has changed within milliseconds of the clipboard event, and checking against the previous window if so.

I will note that for 99% of cases, this minimize on copy situation will not be relevant, so CHS will be able to ignore apps properly.

TucknDar:
I will note that for 99% of cases, this minimize on copy situation will not be relevant, so CHS will be able to ignore apps properly.
-mouser (June 23, 2018, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I guess that minimizing stuff was a relevant bit of info... To be honest I haven't been too bothered with having to check that option in KeePass, it's not like it makes any practical difference. I can see why you'd want to iron out even small issues like this, though.

TucknDar:
KeePass is minimizing BEFORE CHS sees the new clip... That's a really tricky situation, since CHS thinks another app put the text on the clipboard..-mouser (June 23, 2018, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Would it be possible to ignore new clips whenever KeePass is the active window? Or would that be too hackish, after all there might be plenty of reasons to use CHS with KeePass, for new entries, edited entries, etc. I dunno.. not a coder :p

mouser:
Would it be possible to ignore new clips whenever KeePass is the active window?
--- End quote ---
Well that's what it does when you add KeePass to the ignore list.  The problem is that at the moment the new clip is copied to the clipbard, KeePass minimizes and another app becomes active focus.. So CHS thinks that the clip came from the other app.

A possible solution would be, when a clipboard event happens, look not just at the active window, but the window previously active -- and if its on the ignore list and was active less than say 250 milliseconds previous, assume that it probably came from the PREVIOUSLY active window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version