ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

making a single .jpg from a web-page that is over one screen long

<< < (2/6) > >>

tomos:
Both seemed to want to make .PNG which do not get large easily like my .JPGs-Steven Avery (June 12, 2018, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think this sentence might be incomplete or incorrect? Doesn't make sense to me anyways.

You say above you want jpgs (in SC you can make jpg default). Why jpgs btw?

ConstanceJill:
I've used Pearl Crescent Page Saver Basic for a while, it allows both PNG and JPEG.

Also, I second the question: why jpg ? PNG offers lossless quality and may even produce lighter files (depending on the contents on the page).

x16wda:
I've used wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage before with great success.

What is it?
wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage are open source (LGPLv3) command line tools to render HTML into PDF and various image formats using the Qt WebKit rendering engine. These run entirely "headless" and do not require a display or display service.

There is also a C library, if you're into that kind of thing.

How do I use it?
Download a precompiled binary or build from source
Create your HTML document that you want to turn into a PDF (or image)
Run your HTML document through the tool.
For example, if I really like the treatment Google has done to their logo today and want to capture it forever as a PDF:

wkhtmltopdf http://google.com google.pdf

--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I've used Pearl Crescent Page Saver Basic for a while, it allows both PNG and JPEG.

Also, I second the question: why jpg ? PNG offers lossless quality and may even produce lighter files (depending on the contents on the page).
-ConstanceJill (June 12, 2018, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

png is larger in many cases.  And if you reduce the quality, why go lossless.

IainB:
Not sure whether these will have been already tried/suggested:
Screengrab:
http://www.s3blog.org/screengrab.html
(Add-on for Firefox and Chrome.)

ScreenshotGuru:
Screenshot Guru - <https://screenshot.guru/>
Screenshot Guru, available at screenshot.guru, lets you screen-capture beautiful and high-resolution screenshot images of any web page on the Internet. You can screenshot tweets, news articles, photo galleries and everything that's public online.

You don't need any screen-capture software or browser extensions to capture screenshots. And the tool works with lengthy web pages too that extend below the fold. To get started, simply enter the full URL of any web page in the input box, solve the CAPTCHA and hit the "Screen Capture" button.

Screenshot Guru cannot capture web pages that require login (like your Gmail mailbox), pages with Flash embeds (like the YouTube video player) or AJAX based sites like Google Maps.

You can also add device frames for more awesome mobile screenshots. iPad and iPhone have built-in screen capture, including some Android phones, but they cannot capture full screenshots of web pages. Screenshot Guru has no such limitation.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version