ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fake reviews are now a firmly entrenched business model

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
I heard a story on NPR where a lot of people randomly receive merchandise from Amazon they didn't order, because a lot of the fake reviewers make verified purchases and have the products shipped to random addresses.
-daddydave (June 14, 2018, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Depending on the product, I'd like to be one of those random addresses...  :-[ ;D

Stoic Joker:
I heard a story on NPR where a lot of people randomly receive merchandise from Amazon they didn't order, because a lot of the fake reviewers make verified purchases and have the products shipped to random addresses.
-daddydave (June 14, 2018, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Depending on the product, I'd like to be one of those random addresses...  :-[ ;D
-wraith808 (June 14, 2018, 09:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Damn Straight! ...Where do we sign up?? :D

dirosi:

--- End quote ---
I also heard about this. I also heard that, Amazon now removing those fake review and very strictly handling this.
I have heard little known brand do this kind activity just like the Kliein CL800 multimeter https://bestmultimeterreviews.org/klein-cl800-review/. I bought this but don't work as expected. I guess, this clamp multimeter have lots of fake reviews.

mouser:
Thanks for the recommendation wraith, DC member hamradio was just reminding me about fakespot -- looks useful, I think I will install the browser extension  :up:

anandcoral:
On that note, of course someone would come up with something to spot fake reviews.

https://www.fakespot.com/
-wraith808 (May 31, 2018, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.

Looks like we need internet police more now as our life is going all online.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version