ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINRAR free this sunday 30th July 2006

<< < (9/9)

wr975:
In another board users compared their free registration info and it seems everyone got the same key. So why not share this key?

Edit: removed free key.  :-[

mitzevo:
I thought the key would be the same for every one... I never bothered to check tho.
As for posting this here.. I don't think it's a good idea. They specifically set a time zone for license
downloads.. and now it's over. I think you should respect the authors way of business if you know
what I mean. Any way, that's what I think - you should atleast complete the sign up info for the free
key, that's the msg I was tryna deliver.. you can unsub any time from your sign up.

Sentinel:
The key is definitely the same for everyone, but it seems they want to control its dissemination to at least build a mailing list to potentially sell a reduced cost upgrade to at a later date.  I guess this is the rightful choice of the Winrar team and as such if publishing the key isn't illegal (and I doubt it is as they have effectively made it public domain) it is most likely immoral.  That being said, with the problems gaining access to it during the last offer I think many who tried and tried again are more than entitled to it.

Yeah, I'm a mass of contradictions!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version