ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINRAR free this sunday 30th July 2006

<< < (6/9) > >>

db90h:
Easier to pay for it than to go to all this damn trouble.. hell I could dig a ditch and make enough money to buy it in the time it takes to get this free version ;).

db90h:
Just got the page to respond. It's non-upgradable anyway.. again, easier to pay for it.

Josh:
How can I add support for 7z archives to my application?

One way is to use the 7za.dll (available from sf.net for download). The 7za.dll works via COM interfaces. It, however, doesn't use standard COM interfaces for creating objects. You can find a small example in the source code. A full example is 7-Zip itself, since 7-Zip works via this dll also. There are other applications that use 7za.dll such as WinRAR, PowerArchiver and others.

The other way is to call the command line version: 7za.exe.
-7zip.org
--- End quote ---

Also, according to this page you can use 7zip without royalty, however, if you modify the 7zip dll source, you have to make the source available to the public. Many applications are using 7za.dll (provided freely by 7zip) and arent paying a royalty. Winrar can add 7zip creation if they wanted without royalty.

tomos:
Easier to pay for it than to go to all this damn trouble.. hell I could dig a ditch and make enough money to buy it in the time it takes to get this free version ;).
-db90h (July 30, 2006, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

wheres the fecking shovel :)

Baseman:
I got the reg page & got a mail with as app says confusing directions\lack of same
and a link for the download which doesnt work today sofar,
AND it doesnt say if the download-link is good after today...

(says i get two attempts at downloading, be lucky if i get any at this rate :P )
-tomos (July 30, 2006, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

The same happened to me so I did a search on Winrar 3.51...Downloaded the apps and put the reg in and it registered without any problems

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version