ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ACDSee Photo Software on offer until 23d May

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
Well I finally got around to installing it (not much else yet -- but it is nice and quick to view files :up:).
Writing to report that

1) it is now on offer for ~55$US (I paid 60$US -- I dont think they charged me VAT/Sales Tax, it's not listed at any rate)

2) FWIW it installed a couple of auto-startup programmes

* ACDSeeCommanderPro11.exe (dont yet know what this does)
* acdidintouch2.exe (acdIDInTouch2.exe -- may be to do with registration?)and a service

* bonjour service\mDSNResponder.exe (dont yet know what this does -- bonjour service was originally from Apple I think, or maybe just also installed by them)

rjbull:
I'm beginning to wonder if this is a perma-sale...  nobody ever pays the "full" price?

mwb1100:
bonjour service\mDSNResponder.exe (dont yet know what this does...
-tomos (August 03, 2018, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know what ACDSee is using it for, but bonjour is a service discovery protocol that lets programs find services in a peer-to-peer setup on networks.  I'd guess that ACDSee uses it for some sort of media sharing on the local network.  Something like DLNA.

IainB:
  ...nobody ever pays the "full" price?
-rjbull (August 07, 2018, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think this is repeating myself, but, speaking as an ex-ACDSee user, I can't understand why anybody would want or need to consider paying anything for ACDSee when one can install something far better, in the shape of Picasa (Sunset Version) for $FREE.

Refer: Google Picasa "Sunset" version - Mini-Review and anchor-point

tomos:
I'm beginning to wonder if this is a perma-sale...  nobody ever pays the "full" price?
-rjbull (August 07, 2018, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

they're probably finished their sales now for a while:
they are releasing a new version end of September which has "Face Detection & Facial Recognition" **
https://www.acdsee.com/

** Sort of like, eh, Picasa :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version