ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Need Inno Setup Advice

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
It sounds like what ATH is saying is your problem -- that the source shortcut files you are referring to as "...\abc-launch" are really named "...\abc-launch.lnk" and you just aren't seeing the .lnk extension in your windows file explorer which is causing you to think they are named differently than they really are, causing inno to not find them.  Does that sound plausible?

OptimalDesigns:
Inno Script Studio might worth a try too.
-KodeZwerg (June 21, 2018, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

They seem to be out of town or deceased.  :(

I tried the following but nogo.  How does one copy a shortcut (.LNK ir file) with Inno Setup?

This 'icon' thing seems wrong, since its -not- an icon copy that is giving me problems.

#define MyAppName "Robot4"
AppName={#MyAppName}
DefaultGroupName={#MyAppName}

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\..\base4apps-exe-launch"; Filename: "{app}\.."

Ideas?

mouser:
How does one copy a shortcut (.LNK ir file) with Inno Setup?
--- End quote ---
It's just a regular file so you do everything with it as you would a normal file -- that's why a couple of us are suspecting that you are just not providing the full file name -- perhaps because it's not showing it to you in your windows explorer when you look at it.

Are you using Inno Studio or one of the modern GUI front ends for Inno Setup? They really can make life easier.

OptimalDesigns:
source shortcut files you are referring to as "...\abc-launch" are really named "...\abc-launch.lnk" and you just aren't seeing the .lnk extension in your windows file explorer ... Does that sound plausible?
-mouser (June 21, 2018, 07:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that was my problem ... many thanks. :)

Phil

mouser:
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version