ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Comparative Review of Writers' Tools (INITIAL DRAFT)

<< < (13/24) > >>

Dormouse:
Downloading WriteItNow.
First thing I notice is the emaciated demo - it doesn't save!
Obviously limits any possible review. Half a mind not to bother.

wraith808:
Downloading WriteItNow.
First thing I notice is the emaciated demo - it doesn't save!
-Dormouse (May 29, 2018, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

My suggestion- only do things that seem interesting to you, and that will help you.  That's where you'd get your best work.  Maybe put a blurb up there about things that were chosen, but not reviewed, and what put you off about them.

cranioscopical:
-Dormouse (May 29, 2018, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm with wraith808 on that. At the very least set aside anything that seems below par until some future time.

(Might contact the author, cite your efforts here, and see if you can get a working review copy?)

Dormouse:
My suggestion- only do things that seem interesting to you, and that will help you.  That's where you'd get your best work.  Maybe put a blurb up there about things that were chosen, but not reviewed, and what put you off about them.-wraith808 (May 29, 2018, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
But if I don't delve into dark and unpleasant corners I will never know what's in them!

Not that WriteItNow is dark or unpleasant. It is actually a very pretty and visual program, and so full of features. The antithesis of yWriter. And actually won't take long because it is intuitive and everything is easy to see.

And disliking their demo policy wouldn't stop me buying it if I believed it would make me more productive.

But I will only spend the time that I think a program warrants: I'm not going to look at a lot of (usually very expensive) screenwriting programs. Open to suggestions for more dark corners though. I always find it hard to know what will be useful to me personally; I can choose what fits into my own workflow but can't avoid wanting to know all the other options I might have if I start to become disatisfield. It's not a form of procrastination - really  ;)

Dormouse:
(Might contact the author, cite your efforts here, and see if you can get a working review copy?)-cranioscopical (May 29, 2018, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a good idea. I think I will do that, if I think the program might be helpful. My initial viewing suggests that it does things that other programs do not, and might suit some people. Probably not for most professional writers because it looks as if too much time would be spent operating the features rather than writing words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version