ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Comparative Review of Writers' Tools (INITIAL DRAFT)

<< < (11/24) > >>

Dormouse:
Tech tip: When crafting (html) tables, getting empty cells to show properly, the standard way of 'filling' them is to use &nbsp; (non-breaking space) as the content, instead of the, imho rather ugly and disruptive, dot/period.
-Ath (May 27, 2018, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm using the BBCode here and it doesn't seem to work in that  :(
I agree that it's ugly and disruptive.
They'll all go when I finish because the cells will be filled.

Dormouse:
I'm thinking of looking at yWriter, WriteItNow, RightNote and Ginkgo in my next little run.

Ath:
I'm using the BBCode here and it doesn't seem to work in that
-Dormouse (May 27, 2018, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, unfortunately the worst part is that BBC tables don't support that by default, unless a BBC tag is added to the generator, elsewhere suggested tag: space /space (without the square brackets here, or the tag will be removed by the forum), to insert the &nbsp; into the html :(

They'll all go when I finish because the cells will be filled.
-Dormouse (May 27, 2018, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, but I guess we'll have to ask mouser to improve the BBC code generator, tables will often have empty cells, and painting them white just looks awful.

Ath:
I'm using the BBCode here and it doesn't seem to work in that
-Dormouse (May 27, 2018, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, after searching the BBCeditor BBC Parser, BBCeditor does insert an &nbsp; if a 'th' or 'td' element of the table is empty, but it seems that is a feature of BBCeditor, not of BBCode generators in general. That could be an omission in the implementation. Or at least in the specification, as nothing is said in the references I could find (BBCodew and bbcode.org)

Dormouse:
I've found the differences frustrating, and it means that I have to do my final check by using preview.

And I seem to have two stray entries at the end now. I'll have to chase them down.

I tried a number of things at the beginning, but nothing seemed to work, so I gave up and just used the .
I did think about trying to make the . invisible, but then thought my time would be better spent trying to do the review.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version