ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Rectangular caprture not working on main screen

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Can you try this -- can you go to "Selection Capture Options" and choose "Red Box Capture Mode" = "Objects and Regions"
And let me know how that capture mode works on your system when the other one fails.

martincg:
OK. I'm away for a couple of days. I will try when I get back.

martincg:
I chose the red box capture mode, objects and regions. I clicked apply and closed the dialogue.
Then I pressed Shift PrSc while the mouse cursor was in my laptop screen. A red box appeared briefly on the laptop screen then disappeared and I couldn't see how to make a screen capture. I moved the mouse cursor onto the second monitor but nothing appeared there either. When this situation occurs if I right click over the screenshot captor icon in the system tray (icon showed a red screen) I have one menu option "Cancel Operation (screenshot Captor)" but clicking this does nothing. I have to use task manager to close Screenshot Captor.
I have now set red box mode to "use never" so at least I can capture on one screen.

I use Teamviewer so if that is an option for you I am happy for you to investigate this yourself if it would be any help.

Ath:
Is another application catching the Shift PrSc hotkey, effectively disabling ScreenShot Captor?
DropBox/OneDrive (don't recall exactly which one, maybe both) seem to do that, but can usually be fixed by configuring them not to capture screenshots.

martincg:
When I enable the Red Box mode a red rectangle does appear for about 1 second and then the program is locked and I have to kill it. If I disable Red Box mode then Shift Prsc allows me to capture on the second monitor only. So the Shift Prsc key combination is being detected by Screenshot Captor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version