ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Rectangular caprture not working on main screen

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
When this happens, if you exit and restart SC does that help?

martincg:
I don't know because when the problem has gone each time so far I hadn't restarted SC. I'll report if it happens again.

martincg:

Sometimes when I have hidden the window and want a screen shot then the main window appears as soon as I press Shift PrScr so I can't make the screen shot. But then I can't close the main window. The minimize and close icons do nothing and the tray menu option to hide the main window does nothing. I have to exit the program and start it again and then it works fine for a while.

I think if I do the following I can always get the window to lock, at least for me.

Start SC. Show the main window. Press Shift PrScr and the main window stays in position. (I'm not sure if it should do that but i don't see why not.) press Esc a couple of times to stop the screen capture. The window is now locked and cant be minimized or hidden.

martincg:
I have the problem again with rectangular capture only working on the attached monitor. If I move the cursor onto my laptop screen the dotted cross wires do not follow it.
Before I try anything to make it work again, if anyone replies soon enough, is there something I could do to find out what causes the problem?

martincg:
The problem with screencaptor using a second monitor continues.
The problems seems fairly serious to me.
If I have the mouse cursor on my laptop screen and press Shift PrtSc then for a brief time I see the cross hairs and little grid panel of pixels on the laptop screen and then it disappears although the cross hairs show on the second monitor.
The second monitor is showing a screen capture of the whole screen for me to select an area, but on the laptop screen I can now move the cursor onto it and it is showing applications which I can interact with, and if I put the mouse cursor back onto the second monitor it is still just a screen shot. But now, pressing Esc doesn't get me out of the situation but clicking twice ends the screen capture with an error message because there is no region to copy.
Can anyone suggest what information I can give or tests I can make to be able to provide information on how to fix this problem or to enable someone to provide a fix?
Or, looking at it another way, do people normally find that using a second monitor does not cause a problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version