ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Rectangular caprture not working on main screen

(1/4) > >>

martincg:
If I try rectangular capture (Shift PrtSc) then I can select a region in my second monitor but not in the main monitor which is my laptop screen. Capturing the active window works fine whichever screen holds the active window.
I'm using v4.29.0

mouser:
How strange..
Can you explain what happens when you try to capture your main monitor?

martincg:
I don't know how to capture the main screen so I need to be told, but if I capture the current screen it works whichever screen holds the active window.

mouser:
Can you explain in more detail what you mean when you say:
I can select a region in my second monitor but not in the main monitor
--- End quote ---

martincg:
When I choose Shift PrtSc I see dotted crossed lines in my second monitor with a cross shaped cursor at the intersection. There is a grid of squares showing the magnified view of the region under the cursor.  The horizontal dotted line does not extend to the main monitor and I cannot move the mouse cursor outside of the second monitor, or at least it appears to move out of the second monitor but it doesn#'t appear on the main one.

This happened yesterday but when I moved a window to the second screen to capture it there the problem disappeared, so I decided to ignore it and thought it was probably something daft I'd done anyway.

Today it has happened again but I couldn't find a way to stop it so I posted the problem. Then, when I came to reply to your question asking for more details, it was working but I don't know what made the difference.

BTW I was unable to close the main ScreenCaptor window with the top right close icon or by using the tray menu 'Hide main window'. The File|Exit works though that is not the same as hiding the window. I started the program again and I could hide the main window fine.

Maybe best to assume it's something to do with my PC at the moment. I did have quite a few apps running and if I can't give details there isn't much you can do anyway. If I get the problem again and I can give more details then I will.
Thanks for your quick responses; I hope I haven't wasted your time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version