ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best sites to hire a coder/programmer for a one-time job?

(1/2) > >>

Dorstil:
I need a coder or programmer to take a program like 'Superfish', rip out the adware/spyware components, and leave me with a functional MITM with bogus uber-certificate, to restore functionality to my chrome/chromium-based browsers. Since this is more involved than a snack, and is a custom paid job rather than a suggestion, I assume here is not the place to advertise, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

mouser:
rentacoder is the one I know, though I don't really understand what you are interested in or if it is legal..

Dorstil:
rentacoder is the one I know, though I don't really understand what you are interested in or if it is legal..
-mouser (May 13, 2018, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try. I'm using XP Pro. The CA creeps have a certificate store embedded in the OS that they are no longer maintaining, and is now pretty much useless. As my Chrome/Chromium-based browsers use this store, I am blockaded from about 30% of the internet, via four or five different sorts of certificate errors. Not sure what your concerns are regarding legality. Never heard any claims that Superfish is illegal, and since someone has archived it (Github?), I suspect its public domain, and since its for my home PC, I would assert its legal enough to suit me. If adware/spyware companies can stick Superfish on peoples PC without their knowledge or consent, then I'd claim the right to install a modified version on mine. Not much different than businesses using an MITM proxy on their computers.

Shades:
By taking the software from someone else for the purpose of de-compiling and manipulation of that code, you will enter very "murky waters" at best, depending on the license the software is published under.

mouser:
If it's only for your own personal use there is probably little to worry about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version