ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Rename folder and files before deleting

<< < (2/3) > >>

dcwul62:
Is this a SSD you are using in this test? Fileshreders like Eraser, BCWipe, etc. work well on conventional HDD's
but they say they don't work well on a SSD.
On a SSD 'TRIM' should do the work.
When you run Recuva on your SSD (if you have one), then you will see that a lot of data is revealed.

Opus itself does have a secure delete of files.
Recuva will then show a very long file name consisting of random characters, but it also shows the original folder name.

Ideally it would look like this screenshot, all with Z...ZZ  names and folders

-

dcwul62:
For your info:
1) I formatted a (small) partition on conventional HDD... - see A.
2) then Recuva deep scan - see B
3) thereafter CCleaner Wipe Free Space - see C
4) then again Recuva deep scan - see D

=

=

=

4wd:
Is this a SSD you are using in this test? Fileshreders like Eraser, BCWipe, etc. work well on conventional HDD's
but they say they don't work well on a SSD.-dcwul62 (May 07, 2018, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have to wonder whether you read anything, the very first lines in my post:

A clean SSD with just one folder and two files, Recuva set for DeepScan, show everything:

Two files on an SSD:-4wd (May 06, 2018, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

And if you looked at the images:

Apacer make SSDs, not HDDs.

Opus itself does have a secure delete of files.
--- End quote ---

Two files deleted, top one using DOpus secure delete, (since you were asking over there), the bottom using Moo0 FileShredder:-4wd (May 06, 2018, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

As shown in my 2nd image, the one where it shows FileShredder has trashed the name, the file size, the attributes, and the timestamp, (and it does it twice).

Ideally it would look like this screenshot, all with Z...ZZ  names and folders
--- End quote ---

Or indeed my 3rd screenshot, you know, the one with completely randomised names.

When you run Recuva on your SSD (if you have one), then you will see that a lot of data is revealed.
--- End quote ---

The very first image shows everything Recuva found on the SSD before I deleted anything, the following images show everything it found on the SSD after deleting the two files.

How about you just download FileShredder, Anti-Recovery, and/or SDelete and try them on your system?

PS. ... SSD (if you have one) ...
--- End quote ---

I have eight (8) of them.

dcwul62:
Sorry.... overlooked it multiple times, too much focused on on the thought that using file shredders on SSD should be avoided.
Hence assumed I was looking at HDD screenshots. Sorry again.
Will check out reviews on file shredders.
Thanks again for taking the time.

skwire:
@dcwul62: Would you like me to mark this thread as solved or did you want to test a few of those programs and report back your findings first?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version