ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

finding an old password program ...

<< < (4/5) > >>

Ancucu:
I recommend you to try HashPass

4wd:
And one more: MultiHasher

Not a password program but it will show text hashes using multiple algorithms at once which you try:

marisaga:
This is what I do. Surely it's nonsense, but I can't find the flaw. Maybe because I don't know much. I have a file in my PC with just a link to a file in a USB that I carry in my purse which, in turn, has only a link to another file in my PC. I figure that way in case my PC were hacked, nothing would happen since they have not the USB. And in case my purse were stolen, it would do no good, either. When I'm sitting at the PC I always have the USB connected, so it's no problem. Of course this would be burdensome to do for every page but with those that are important I think it's worth the trouble. Of course I'm not as knowledgeable as most people here and I'd be grateful if someone pointed out where the catch is

x16wda:
Hey Barney, can you say what the password looked like? Was it just a string of numbers/letters/symbols, were all the passwords it generated the same length? Can you say how long they were?

Assuming your "text relevant to the site" isn't the URL (or isn't just the URL), then probably some kind of hashing program would work fine for you. Shouldn't be that hard to write one. The whole point of a hash is when you feed it the same thing, it always spits out the same result. Now, there might be some other text that could generate the same result, but if the text is something from your mind then that might not be an issue. Depends where on the scale from CRC to MD5 you want to be. :-)

barney:
Assuming your "text relevant to the site" isn't the URL (or isn't just the URL), then probably some kind of hashing program would work fine for you
-x16wda (March 02, 2019, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Probably moot by now.  Had foot surgery a little over a year ago a year ago, still in rehab.  Sister managing things financial, but didn't check email stuff, so I've lost most Web subscriptions.  Laptop that had the software and data file got kinda, sorta mangled during the storage process.

(surgery was removal of all five (5) toes on right foot - can't you just imagine a 75 year old cripple learning to walk again  :o :-[ :tellme: :D :D :D?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version