ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

finding an old password program ...

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
Any of these?

link to list
-cranioscopical (May 02, 2018, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or these... https://alternativeto.net/software/lastpass/

rjbull:
A DuckDuckGo search for "windows program generate password text" turned up quite a few password-oriented hash programs and web sites, some with Android (or iStuff) apps as well.  E.g.:

* PWGen
* hashapass
* HashPass (not sure if this is the same one as mentioned above)

wraith808:
A DuckDuckGo search for "windows program generate password text" turned up quite a few password-oriented hash programs and web sites, some with Android (or iStuff) apps as well.  E.g.:

* PWGen
* hashapass
* HashPass (not sure if this is the same one as mentioned above)

-rjbull (May 02, 2018, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

The last two have the same link.  Was that intentional or was one missed?

4wd:
There's also vPass, web based hashed password generator, there are extensions and bookmarklet available, you can also self host.

I had one on my phone I was looking at that did the same thing, (it had a computer based version also but I can't think of it), decided that if I had to enter a master password to use any of these I might as well use a decent program that allowed me to store/do a lot more than just passwords, (ie. KeePass).

rjbull:
[...]
HashPass
-rjbull (May 02, 2018, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

The last two have the same link.  Was that intentional or was one missed?
-wraith808 (May 02, 2018, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was a slip-up   :-[  Corrected above and in the earlier post.  Thanks for checking.

There appear to be numerous programs/services called "HashPass;" I haven't researched the relationships between them, if any.  As I said, quite a few are available for mobile devices, so if the OP finds his missing program and can find a mobile one that uses the same hash, he would have a convenient "backup."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version