ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Fundraiser 2018 Money - Help Decide Where it Goes

<< < (4/7) > >>

skwire:
Off the top of my head...

Coding Snack-centric folks that deserve a share: 4wd, Target, Ath, c.gingerich, & Skrommel.
Other coders that deserve a share: hamradio, Deozaan, Stoic Joker, wraith808, app, MilesAhead, Tuxman, BGM, & anandcoral.

wraith808:
So mainly in an attempt to make our life simpler and actually get this done, I'm suggesting that the money go to coders who are forum regulars who are identifiable as people who code things in request to or interaction with users on the forum.  This can stretch beyond coding snacks but the idea is the same.
-mouser (May 02, 2018, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds like a plan.  And a good one! ;D

If this is generally acceptable, the only question left is who else besides skwire should get some of the first $1,000 we give out?  It's very easy to overlook folks, so please chime in and nominate yourself.
-mouser (May 02, 2018, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's one of the things I love about this site... the coders here aren't really arrogant or doing it out of a need/want for recognition, but a love of the software.  So it's quite unlikely that many will nominate themselves.  But skwire list is a good start.

One category I think is left out though... people who provide support on the board, but aren't necessarily coders.  They keep the board going, by answering questions, doing research, and other varied things.  It basically makes the board a clearing house for issues, which I think keeps it vibrant.  tomos, cranioscopal, and rgdot are the ones that I think top that list, though there are others also.

mouser:
I'd add stephen6616 as well, who is always keeping my spirits up in the chat channel and helping with and encouraging me to work on donationcoder stuff.
And MilesAhead too perhaps for his coding.

What if we give $500 to skwire, and $75 each to everyone else mentioned so far-- or if they prefer a unique hand painted 3d cody award (which certainly isn't worth $75 but that's another matter altogether).

mouser:
Oh and we should include the writing of mini-reviews as equally valuable as coding snacks, so  IainB, Tomos, Wraith, and others who write mini-reviews should receive.

Dormouse:
IainB &,  mini-reviews -mouser (May 02, 2018, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D
His OneNote thread is a major reference work with the author on tap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version