ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Clipmate replacement (particulary if I can export my current database to it

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
ClipMate also can't search for S'Mores, which is a problem for me but probably not most users!
-DougWeller (April 23, 2018, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, you have to expand on this.  Or not, but that would be mean! :)

DougWeller:
ClipMate also can't search for S'Mores, which is a problem for me but probably not most users!
--- End quote ---

Ok, you have to expand on this.   Or not, but that would be mean! :)
-wraith808 (April 23, 2018, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can't parse the apostrophe in it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Doug

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Ok, you have to expand on this.   Or not, but that would be mean! :)
-wraith808 (April 23, 2018, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can't parse the apostrophe in it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Doug
-DougWeller (April 23, 2018, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh!  I thought you mean S'Mores specifically  ;D

IainB:
@DougWeller: Are you able to define in more detail:

* (a) what your requirements are to replicate what you already do satisfactorily using ClipMate, and
* (b) what extra features you might like to see/use in a new clipboard manager?
You might include things such as, for example:

* Manually tagging/categorising specific clips.
* Auto-tagging/categorising of clips, according to user-defined logical rules.
* Managing image clips in collaboration with image viewers/editors.
* Coupling text with images.
* Combining text clips.
* Manually manipulating/changing/checking text in clips.
* Automatically changing text in clips.
* Stripping formatting from text clips.
* Keeping formatting/rich text
* Sophisticated searching of clips.
Some clipboard managers are likely to be better than others at addressing some of these requirements, and whether a clipboard manager would be "good" for you personally would very much depend on your peculiar requirements - in the present and as they might be in the longer term (one's requirements are not necessarily fixed).

For example, after years of searching, I have still not yet found the "ideal" clipboard manager for me, though I have tried most of them and have settled for two that can meet 80% or more of my requirements. Some of the clipboard managers I have trialled have even enabled me to discover some "new" requirements, when I have learned what the possibilities were from trialling these clipboard tools. So my requirements are slowly developing/expanding and becoming more demanding of the technology.

Curt:
it would be nice to have something still supported. -DougWeller (April 23, 2018, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Try my Clipboard Help and Spell-mouser (April 23, 2018, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ it would probably appear more "supported" if the thumbnails on the homepage, were more than just thumbnails, and if anything on the homepaqe was younger than a year.

Edited:
-sorry, the thumbnails are working in Edge. It was my old Firefox that was the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version