ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Slow capture

(1/4) > >>

deepee:
I am experiencing slowness on region capture.  Sometimes 10 or 15 seconds or more after pressing Ctr Prn Scn.

Also, just hitting Prn Scn for full screen capture can sometime take 5 to 10 seconds or more before the capture takes place, other times it is instant.

It is a decent speed laptop, i7, 16Gb RAM, 480Gb SSD and pretty fast for everything else.

I am currently using v4.29.0

I love this program but it can be frustrating when you hit print screen, think it has captured, scroll down then the capture then kicks in an captures something else.

tomos:
I usually have a delay of one to two seconds at the most with a much slower machine**. But it can depend on what you're taking shots of -- is it mostly browser/s? There is a relevant setting in preferences that may help with those:
Basic Capturing >Capture Options >Retrieve URL [untick]

** if I take a lot of shots, it does slow down a lot.

mouser:
There are a couple of things that can slow down capture:

1. Capturing firefox (or another browser) with the option to try to grab url (you can disable this option).
2. Capturing ACTIUVE window with sc set to try to grab transparency (if you are doing ctrl+prtscr to grab entire workspace then that's not that).
3. If SC has been inactive for a long time -- and this MAY interact with having hundreds of screenshots in your screenshot folder.  You can try to address this by using the MoveTo command to file away older screenshots, OR go to Startup Options and choose the "Stay in Memory longer" option.

The key thing to help you test is to see if only the first screenshot after a while is slow.. and if you do say 10 screenshots soon after that they are fast.  If that happens then you know the problem is related to SC needing to load stuff into memory after it has been unloaded.

andi_sbg:
I have the same problem. Sometimes SC is working normal, sometimes delayed 10-20 seconds.
- I have not many images in the sc folder
- URL grabbing turned off

what could be the reason...

mouser:
The key thing to help you test is to see if only the first screenshot after a while is slow.. and if you do say 10 screenshots soon after that they are fast.  If that happens then you know the problem is related to SC needing to load stuff into memory after it has been unloaded.
--- End quote ---

When SC is slow to capture, is it then fast to do a similar capture after that first slow one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version