ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wrist watch voice recorder

<< < (3/4) > >>

kalos:
Sometimes, I give up and forget and no longer pursue my requirements because I cannot find something satisfying, I don't see what problem this causes to you.

wraith808:
Or, you can do the harder thing and just ignore his requests, if you don't think it will come to anything.  He can make as many requests as he wants to.  We don't have to answer him.  And we certainly don't have to make fun of his responses.

tomos:
He can make as many requests as he wants to.  We don't have to answer him.  And we certainly don't have to make fun of his responses.
-wraith808 (April 22, 2018, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
First, I agree with Wraith above. (And I have been guilty of same in the past.)

Sometimes, I give up and forget and no longer pursue my requirements because I cannot find something satisfying, I don't see what problem this causes to you.
-kalos (April 22, 2018, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is about a lot more than this -- that was just one point in about six or seven in my last post. I'm not saying all this to give you a hard time Kalos. I would like though if you could see the POV of the people who try and help you. I still think this is a good learning opportunity for you, and maybe for 'us' too.
At the end of the day, it's about communication, and respect.
The way I see it, you have been persistently asked to make more of an effort when asking for help -- and you dont do that.
Maybe Wraith's point that people simply stop trying so much to help you is the best idea. Stop helping = less stress + Kalos doesnt get a hard time :-/

4wd:
And we certainly don't have to make fun of his responses.-wraith808 (April 22, 2018, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sometimes we need humour to get through the day ...

... I don't see what problem this causes to you.-kalos (April 22, 2018, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

It causes wasted time and/or effort, people try to help you but now you come back and say you give up when nothing suits you.

Why not tell the people you asked for help that you've given up so they don't waste their time/effort because, (as both wraith and tomos have mentioned), in the long run it will not be worth our effort to help at all.

So, not a problem for us but a problem for you.

wraith808:
I don't see what problem this causes to you.
-kalos (April 22, 2018, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Think of it in terms of the others, not just yourself.  You have to do the due diligence, and this will help you to learn, and help others to want to help you.  As it is, you say "I want, I want, I want..." and never "I learned, and maybe someone else can benefit from this."  (And the added benefit of no wasted time/effort for those that try to help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version